Author Topic:  (Read 11113 times)

Offline xebra

(No subject)
« on: February 05, 2004, 04:24:11 am »
« Last Edit: March 27, 2004, 10:23:46 pm by xebra »

Offline Cybrax

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 06:46:21 am »
I play mine on genisis, but you can always download the emulator if you want, nothings stopping you...

Offline Rolken

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 10:31:04 am »
Save states are more than cheap, they're disallowed. Unfortunately, my Genesis is a thousand miles away or so, but I'm lurking on eBay for a copy of Mega Collection.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 04:38:26 pm »
I play on Sonic Jam on the Saturn. Only in original mode, of course (Easy and Normal/Time Attack modes are different to the original levels... they add more rings and platforms and stuff to make it easier, but also unfair when you're competing against people using other versions of the game).

How about adding a Sonic Jam scoreboard to the Saturn section? It could contain records for the time attack challenges you have to do in the Sonic World 3D mode, as well as records for the Time Attack mode in the original games (accurate to 1/100 second). I'll post the info if you like.
"When I move my mouse pointer over you it says 'Wizards'."

Offline Rolken

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 04:41:22 pm »
Sure, I just have no idea what it involves, so you'd have to tell me.

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 04:49:42 pm »
Well the challenge names are:

20 Rings
3 red Points
50 Rings
Touch Miles
5 Blue Points
7 Secret Cards
3 Balloons

And they're all in minutes, seconds, hundredths of seconds. I think there's another challenge or two I haven't unlocked yet, too.

As for the Time Attack mode, it's basically every level from Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Sonic and Knuckles with some alterations, and again it saves your top 3 times in minutes-seconds-hundredths. You can only play as Sonic in this mode though (it might be Sonic and Tails together, I can't remember). Either way, you can't change your character, so there's no need for any other divisions.

I hope it's added... maybe all those Time Attack records I got then found weren't valid for this site won't go to waste after all! :)

Offline SuperSonic101

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 05:11:44 pm »
New school, just more addictive. Although I still enjoy the classic games.

Offline Sonic the Hedgehod16

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2004, 11:57:44 am »
First post ever! For me...

Anyway, I use a console: Sonic Mega Collection. However once those Game Gear games have rankings, I'll al so be using SADX. I'm "patiently" waiting for them to make the rankings. (Hint, hint)

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2004, 12:05:32 pm »
What about the Master System ones, too? I never really play them now, but still, for the sake of completeness...

Offline Rolken

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2004, 11:46:45 pm »
Okay, okay, I get the point. I'll do that next. :P (which may be a week or so, considering how little I've been on the computer lately)

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2004, 06:06:37 am »
Just out of interest, Game Gear games = Master System games.

On topic: I would play mine on the real thing if I could, problem with that is, I sold mine a few years ago. I got introduced to the emulator last year and never looked back! Having said that, though, I'm looking to get a Genesis with all the classics.

<3 Thorn.

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2004, 10:17:26 pm »
My sega genesis long since broke, so I play all the classics with DX's gamegear and Mega collection genesis games

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Rolken

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2004, 02:22:41 pm »
Yeah, there're usually a few changes to compensate for the screen size.

Offline wiglaf

(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2004, 09:44:13 pm »
I use an emulator, and I have a 100% working original genesis. Unfortunately I lost all the games for it except Shadowrun (great game).  Is there anything cheap/bad about using an emulator if you're not using save states?  I don't want to be cheap.  Not that it matters since I don't post top times.

Offline wiglaf

(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2004, 09:30:49 pm »
I suppose using a genesis with a TV is a good way to keep yourself from temptation.  I, for one, trust myself.

I'm positive that people who have enough integrity to post honest times using the honor system also have enough sense to realize that using save states isn't honest.  Nobody wants to be a hypocrite.

But you're right, we can never know if any of these times posted by emulator users are honest.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2004, 12:36:06 am »
I'd say there would have to be a slight bias towards emulators for faster time. IMO, usng the arrow keys is easier than a standard D-pad. Of course, such an argument could also be applied to 3rd party controllers, but that's another matter.

And xebra, you're right about the emulator thing, I know that, as an emulator user, I've been tempted to take the easy way out on occasions, but I've held out so far...

<3 Thorn.

Offline wiglaf

(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2004, 01:12:58 am »
Arrow keys?  The only reason I ever started playing sonic on my computer was because I got a hold of a game pad.  And truthfully, the d-pad on it kind of stinks compared to a first party genesis controller.  I could never use keyboard keys to play a platformer like sonic, they're just too akward for me.

Print

Hits: 524 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.16 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.