don't click here

Questions about numerous Shadow times

Print

Author Topic: Questions about numerous Shadow times  (Read 5332 times)

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Questions about numerous Shadow times
« on: August 10, 2006, 11:09:26 pm »
I've been left wondering how the following times are possible for too long.  I gotta know the major time-saver these guys did.
edit: the crossed-out ones I've done as of yoshifan's post.

Mad Matrix (Hero)- Exactly how and where is CC useful here?
Iron Jungle (Dark)- Umm... How you get sub 1:30?

Space Gadget (Dark)- I suppose the top players are like this for every game (pwning everyone else by over a minute).  Was CC used here?
Lost Impact (Hero) Yoshifan gives it away.  CC is useful somewhere.

Currently, those are the only ones I don't understand how to get such a low time on.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 02:11:53 am by Groudon199 »

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
Re: Questions about numerous Shadow times
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 11:47:54 pm »
I would help, but I've been out of the loop for Shadow for so long that I dont know whats being done with the stages anymore.

sorry.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 01:13:04 am »
I don't know where CC is used in Lost Impact, but I just figured out why it works. The artifical chaos are weak against it. Actually, one or two well placed jumps can kill them outright.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 01:15:29 am »
Hmm... That would explain why the 1st one in my most recent run was killed when I jumped from below with its health just below half.

Offline yoshifan

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 04:55:04 pm »
I don't remember everything, but I'll try to help here.

Mad Matrix Hero: Use the Heal Cannon on the robots and use CC in the green tower to skip the long platform rides.

Iron Jungle Dark: When you use CC, make sure that your mission character is Eggman; that way CC will take you to the upper route, instead of to the lower route with the long rail. (Actually, it might also work with no mission character; I forgot where CC takes you in that case.)

Space Gadget Dark: I believe I got the blue light and used CC with Doom's Eye as my mission character (so I'd go down the Dark path).  Though I'm guessing that wouldn't account for all that time--this level in particular can take a lot of practice to get good at.

Lost Impact Hero: Not sure about this one, but I think I used CC to skip all or part of a gunlift ride.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 05:12:44 pm »
Mad Matrix Hero: Use the Heal Cannon on the robots and use CC in the green tower to skip the long platform rides.

Hmm... I might try that later.
edit: Redid, and under 6 minutes (5:57.89).  I used CC, but I got hit a few times.  Also, I think exiting the red tower is slower than getting it last.

Iron Jungle Dark: When you use CC, make sure that your mission character is Eggman; that way CC will take you to the upper route, instead of to the lower route with the long rail. (Actually, it might also work with no mission character; I forgot where CC takes you in that case.)

Hmm...
edit:  1:53.82

Space Gadget Dark: I believe I got the blue light and used CC with Doom's Eye as my mission character (so I'd go down the Dark path).  Though I'm guessing that wouldn't account for all that time--this level in particular can take a lot of practice to get good at.

Oh, so that's why a lot of my CCs on the Hero misson went on the Dark path.  I'm guessing that getting the 2nd defense unit first then the blue light is the best way, since I did the opposite several times and the S. Rifle shots always missed the unit.

Lost Impact Hero: Not sure about this one, but I think I used CC to skip all or part of a gunlift ride.

In an attempt earlier, I used it partway through the lift right before the area with the meteors, but screwed up somewhere, and got a lower time, but I get the idea.

Thanks for the help.  I'll give a few of them a try.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 06:06:33 pm by Groudon199 »

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 02:41:05 am »
1. For Space Gadget (Dark), the best way to destroy defense unit 2 is to face northwest and make some really difficult blind shots. Not an easy feat to pull off.
2. For Last Way, I think it's possible to all but completely avoid the Black Oaks after the last check point by hugging the left wall while running.
3. For Circus Park (Hero), somewhere near the first checkpoint, there's a hidden 5 ring capsule in a great loacation for TAing and SAing that I found maybe a week ago. I suspect that the limits for that mission are about 1:59-2:00 and 44500-44700 respectively.
-Seriously, don't get upset over a lost record. The recent competition with you has been lots of fun and it made me get back into Shadow (not to mention inspiring me to take another go at missions I was weak at). It's going to get really interesting when the ring division officially kicks in.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 08:56:03 am »
Sorry about that.  I was just getting so close to having my rank finally get in the red (since 80% and up is red).

edit: and what's up with the sub minute Devil Doom times?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 09:30:53 am by Groudon199 »

Offline magnum12

• Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 12:04:01 pm »
I haven't been able to get sub minute on Devil Doom (before yesterday it was my very worst entry) but I think I figured out how its done. It's all about keeping the right distance and making sure you attack when his head stays still. It's also partially luck based since the aiming for that battle is super awful. I'd say it takes about 8-10 Chaos Spears to finish him off.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 01:05:23 pm »
I'm pretty sure I know the correct distance.  I think it's in the same area the meteors are surrounding him.

Print

Hits: 497 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.03 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.