don't click here

Shadow guide to Chaos Control

Print

Author Topic: Shadow guide to Chaos Control  (Read 4362 times)

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Shadow guide to Chaos Control
« on: September 07, 2006, 11:24:00 pm »
This is an updated version of my CC guide.

Digital Circuit
I can clarify now that CC saves no time here.

Glyphic Canyon (Dark, Normal)
At the 3rd jewel, get your Hero gauge nearly full (defeat some Black Arms). The instant you get it full at the jewel, use CC. You will be taken to the end of the level (and with the Dark mission, CC will hit the 4th jewel). I don't think CC is useful in the Hero mission.

Lethal Highway (Dark)
Until I'm told exactly how this was used in the record, I'll assume it doesn't save time.

Prison Island (Normal, Hero)
If you've seen SJ's video, you'll know you want to use CC just before the 2nd river. Defeat some Black Arms to raise the gauge. Defeat a Black Arms solider just past a few GUN robots, then use CC right away. You will skip the area you'd normally stop at and, even though the gauge is empty, you will keep going, because there's no safe ground for the game to drop you at. CC at an earlier point in the Hero mission and hope it goes through the 2nd disc. If you don't hear the sound of getting a disc, start over. I see no point in CCing in the Dark mission.

Circus Park (Dark, Normal, Hero)
Can't be done on the Dark mission without wasting too much time.  If you've seen yoshifan's video, you know where to CC at for the Normal mission. Defeating the Eggman robots raises your Hero gauge. The video explains it better than I can. Since magnum also knows what to do, I'll explain it.  For the Hero mission, get in CC right before the tightrope.  Of course, just speeding through getting the rings and CC won't get a sub 2 time like mine.

The Doom (Normal, Hero)
Like in SJ's video, you need to CC just past where a couple GUN soliders drop down. You need to use the Heal Cannon. Shoot some GUN troops with the Heal Cannon to increase your Hero gauge. If you CC at that spot, you'll be taken to the goal ring. I have yet to do it with the Hero mission, but you might need to CC somewhere else.

Sky Troops (Dark, Normal, Hero)
There are 2 CC locations. One is near the 2nd battleship. The 2nd one is in the stormy area near the key door. But you gotta get behind that door. Or you could do a spin dash jump to the "area", like in yoshifan's video. Both are in his video. If you can't CC early enough, the gauge will run out over the pit, and drop you. All 3 missions work fine because the level is the same length for each mission.

Mad Matrix (Dark, Hero)
Okay. You might be thinking, "Where and how the hell is CC beneficial here?" For the Dark mission, start out by going straight once you get to the circuit area. Next, take the left, and stay left until you get back near the blue terminal, then go right, then remain to the left. Get the blue sphere and immediately Chaos Control. This will get you to another bomb quicker. You can't do the same on the other side, though. With the Hero mission, get the Heal Cannon and use it on several Egg Pawns.  Use CC in the green tower right before the color panels you ride on (props to yoshifan for this part)

Death Ruins (Dark)
I've heard it can be done in the Hero mission, but I haven't found a use for it. In the Dark mission, get CC in where yoshifan does it (using the Vacuum Egg, of course).  SJ has told me on my youtube video that CC can be gotten in earlier if you get the Black Arms during the ivy grinding section.

Air Fleet (Normal, Hero)
For the Hero mission, there's a couple potential CC areas in the outside areas. In the Normal mission, it's the same thing, but also in the room before the last escape pod area.

Iron Jungle (Normal, Dark)
Pretty pointless in Hero mission. As shown in SJ's video, get in CC just passed where you'd have to use that high-jumping GUN vehicle. You will skip past the rail, since there's technically nothing to land on there. Same area for the Dark mission, but have Eggman as your mission character (kudos to yoshifan).

Space Gadget (Hero, Dark)
As shown in yoshifan's video, near the 2nd defense unit, slightly charge a spin dash backwards and fall toward the blue sphere. As you fall, keep mashing Y with Sonic as the mission character to assure CC takes you along the Hero path. You will be taken to that transport lift thing. Generally the same with the Dark mission, only you need Doom's Eye as your mission character.  You're gonna have to make some difficult blind Shadow Rifle shots to the defense unit (yoshifan again).  I haven't gotten it yet.

Lost Impact (Hero)
Use it somewhere.  It will destroy the Artificial Chaos if it passes one (yoshifan, but I figured it out before I read his post).

Black Comet (Hero, Dark)
Like in SJ's video, get to those 3 elite aliens with a near-full Hero guage. Eliminate them, then quickly use CC to get to the area with the warp hole.  Generally the same for the Dark mission, only use CC after you destroy the Big Foot in the big room.

Lava Shelter (Dark)
Get CC in at the 4th defense system to save yourself the agony of going up manually.  If possible, try to have it stop just before the trail of rings leading to the final defense system.  Location confirmed by Shadow Jacky.

Cosmic Fall (Hero, Dark)
Easy to get, but you must use it correctly. Like in SJ's 2 videos, get to the 2nd room in the ARK and grab on to a pulley a bit out of the way. When it nears the top, jump off to the platform. Get the blue sphere. Your first instinct is to use it right away. Normally, I'd agree, but if you use it the instant you get it, you'll be stopped short of the nearby transport lift. So instead, jump down to the area and get on the lift. The 2nd time the camera changes the angle, jump off and hold Up and mash Y. You should activate CC and skip a huge section of the level.  Also very useful in Expert Mode.

Final Haunt (Hero, Dark)
For the Hero mission, use CC at the area right before the first 2 key doors, like in SJ's Hero video. I have no specific instructions for the Dark mission. I think the earlier you get it in, the better. No specific strategy.  I found mimicing the Hero mission up to the 3rd shield switch is better.

The Last Way
You gotta use CC here, no matter what. If Shadow mentions a dead end, you gotta CC to get by. If it's the area where SJ spin dash jumps early in his Final Haunt video, spin dash jump, don't CC. If you got all 5 keys, use the key door, and you just have to get to the only area you should CC there (the area Hero Chaos Chao mentions in his guide). Get the gauge full and instantly use CC to skip another CC area.

Well, that's it.  If anyone has other CC locations (or wish to discuss or debate them), post here (you can also PM me CC locations).

Note: this is temporary.  If TSC4 allows guides to be edited, this will be removed when TSC4 is up (if said edit is allowed).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 01:30:32 pm by Groudon199 »

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
Re: Shadow guide to Chaos Control
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 11:24:30 pm »
I gotta tell you, for Prison Island I used the same method I used to do Dark...and they are not the same.  My vid shows a crappy method and I think is only good for Hero (been a really long time).

anywho, what you do is get your CC up by the time you come to the first fire plant thingy (or even a little before) and use it and it will take you to a spot in the river where a CB ball is located.  You then grab that and gun it to the end of the river and finish the stage in hopefully around 1:30 or under.  In fact, most of my vids have crappy routes and you can tell by looking at those times and looking at what either me or someone else has gotten.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 06:48:56 am »
Yeah, I kinda figured when I did my last attempt at the Normal mission that it was a bad route.  As my comment says, I was doing the Hero mission, and I failed a spin dash jump near the 4th disk.  I spin dashed into the goal and got 1:54.  Anyway, I'll update the 1st post later after school.

Oh, and when you go for the CB ball, you can only get it by taking damage from the yellow water first, right?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 02:32:00 pm by Groudon199 »

Offline DanielTheFalcon

• lolfalcon
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp firefox
  • lolihavelikenopiccuzimsokewl.
    • View Profile
    • Daniel The Falcon.com
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 08:56:28 am »
Oh, and when you go for the CB ball, you can only get it by taking damage from the yellow water first, right?
Nope, just jump off the Air Disk.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 09:11:29 am »
Couple things.

1. I appreciate your note, but you could have just PMed me it, since few (if any) people like topic bumping.
2. IIRC, you can't use Chaos Control and bring along any vehicle you are on.

Print

Hits: 42 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1022.28 KB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.