don't click here

Sonic Goes Wiiiii!

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Goes Wiiiii!  (Read 6002 times)

Offline KnucklesSonic8

Sonic Goes Wiiiii!
« on: December 03, 2006, 04:04:45 pm »
A lot of people have been wondering as to whether or not SEGA will port 06 to the Wii and whether or not this is a rumor or not. What do you think about the idea of having it ported to the Wii, everyone?

Just to further that point, although most likely it's false, this thread was created on mutliple Sonic forums on GFAQS: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=932811&topic=32181085, http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=929718&topic=32181095

I would love to get people's thoughts on the matter.
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
Re: Sonic Goes Wiiiii!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 04:17:14 pm »
So far it is a rumor. It will most likely depend of if the Sonic game for the Wii does well sales wise.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 04:39:55 pm »
I know, but if it were to be ported, I was wondering what people would think of it and if it would be a good port/how the public would think of it.
Wiiloveit

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 09:04:59 pm »
I'm pretty sure some Sonintendo fans wanted Sonic06 on the Wii, but odds are it won't happen.

After all, Gamefaqs boards are the LEAST reliable source out there. And the guy made no link to something confirming it. I'd say it's a moron looking for attention.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline PsyBorg

• The Whateverman
  • TSC Profile
  • macosx safari
  • the fine young doctor is headed this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 03:43:39 pm »
Sega probably won't, despite the fact that it would be cool. There are several reasons:

-Sonic 2006 was developed with graphics in mind. It is one of its main selling points, apparantly.
-The Wii wasn't designed with regular gaming in mind, really.
-Because of the fact that Graphics is the focus, and the Xbox 360 has bigass processors or something, thus giving it a speed boost, 2006 would not run well on a wii if it was ported. Loading times would be ultra-atrocious, and the framerate would have to be toned down.
-Doing the above would probably ask for a full rewrite of the game.
-Secret Rings is already promising something fun to all Sonic fans that sided with Nintendo after the death of the Dreamcast.
-Sega doesn't want to look ultra-friendly with JUST Nintendo anymore. They've already given their apologies to Nintendo (sonic advance, rush, sonic adventure ports, etc.). They're a third party, and they want to establish that to their nintendo fans (unless they get REALLY bad business otherwise)
-I'm not sure about this, but I don't think downloadable content is available on the Wii.
-What would the new features be on the wii? It's debatable as to whether the game would have to be redone or not.

And, sadly, several other reasons, too, but I'm too lazy to write them.
This signature was typed on a #@^%ING COMPUTER. Copy and paste this into your signature if you hate Sony and / or Bidoofs.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 04:35:06 pm »
Sega probably won't, despite the fact that it would be cool. There are several reasons:

-Sonic 2006 was developed with graphics in mind. It is one of its main selling points, apparantly.
-The Wii wasn't designed with regular gaming in mind, really.
-Because of the fact that Graphics is the focus, and the Xbox 360 has bigass processors or something, thus giving it a speed boost, 2006 would not run well on a wii if it was ported. Loading times would be ultra-atrocious, and the framerate would have to be toned down.
-Doing the above would probably ask for a full rewrite of the game.
-Secret Rings is already promising something fun to all Sonic fans that sided with Nintendo after the death of the Dreamcast.
-Sega doesn't want to look ultra-friendly with JUST Nintendo anymore. They've already given their apologies to Nintendo (sonic advance, rush, sonic adventure ports, etc.). They're a third party, and they want to establish that to their nintendo fans (unless they get REALLY bad business otherwise)
-I'm not sure about this, but I don't think downloadable content is available on the Wii.
-What would the new features be on the wii? It's debatable as to whether the game would have to be redone or not.

And, sadly, several other reasons, too, but I'm too lazy to write them.

Personally, I couldn't care less; I didn't start the topic because I want it to be on the Wii as a port. If it WERE to be, sure, I'd try it just for the experience although, as you guys have mentioned (valid reasons for), I doubt that'll be happening anytime soon (it's annoying when everyone's like "oh it's an anniversary game so it most definitely will be ported"... psssh).

Regarding what you said, I think it's a possibility that it would have to be re-done and I don't think (personally) that SEGA's ready for such a commitment; downloadable content is available through WiiConnect24 (unless I'm getting things mixed up) but even if there wasn't, I don't think that's a huge deal; and yeah, Secret Rings is already being developed for the Wii so yeah I doubt they'd make a port if they wanna center on this to show how they can use the Wii's capabilities to their advantage... actyally regarding Secret Rings, that reminded me of something. Thanks. :P
Wiiloveit

Offline Alondite

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 03:58:57 pm »
Well, considering Sonnic 06 is right up there witht the worst Sonic's of all, I really don't even want it on Wii. Let Sonic Team spend thier tim on better things, like S:SR

Offline Marth

• The SA Player
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • It's me! In all my polygonal glory! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Mark's Site Thingy- 3-D graphics and game info
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 10:23:36 pm »
PsyBorg:

-This game could be ported by a better company. It could not be ported by Sonic Team.
-Yes, it was. It does both.
-XB360 has a big CPU or something, but that doesn't do much. The game has bad graphics, anyway.
Also, the loading times are affected by the disc drive. I doubt Revolution is slower.
-Nah, probably not.
-Good, but I don't see why StH 2006 can't be ported.
-"Hey, we don't actually care about you. Just to prove it, we're not letting you buy our games!
So there! Ha ha ha!" Okay, fine! Don't take my money! I'd rather buy more Sonic Adventures, anyway.
-I'm pretty sure it does have downloading. Isn't that what that WiiConnect24 or whatever is supposed to do?
-Who cares about new features?

knuckles_sonic8: Sonic Team's not ready for that commitment or anything else.
They've already shown that they can't make a good port or anything with good graphics.
I think a true Sonic Adventure DX would also be cool, but they're obviously not capable of that...
of course, unless they hired me to help them. :D (I might end up brainwashing myself into
actually going to them and demanding a job if I keep this up. Oh, well. It can't hurt.)
Inactive member, but still... occasionally... checks his private messages and aging (former) records in SA.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 09:17:27 am »
Well, considering Sonnic 06 is right up there witht the worst Sonic's of all, I really don't even want it on Wii. Let Sonic Team spend thier tim on better things, like S:SR

It bemuses me that you follow reviews as if there some sort of omnipotent guideline which is totally reflective of every opinion ever.

Now if you actually PLAYED '06 for a while, and by played I mean you dont just play Wave Ocean Sonic or the XBL demo, you'd find out that its actually a bloody good game.

Plus: How can you be so sure S:SR isnt going to be a large steaming pile of shite like Genesis?
Did you not think I had a mind?

Print

Hits: 594 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.06 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.