don't click here

Wii Wanna Scream

Print

Author Topic: Wii Wanna Scream  (Read 4863 times)

Offline KnucklesSonic8

Wii Wanna Scream
« on: December 10, 2006, 05:34:13 pm »
Anyone else but me frustrated over the fact the Nintendo Wii is becoming harder and harder to find? Who else but me does not have a Wii?

As most of you know I live in Canada and I STILL have yet to get my hands on a Wii! It's so frustrating sometimes but other times I can live with it. It all depends on whether or not you get the simple one-worded "No" answer or even the automatic, "We don't know when next shipments are coming". It's annoying now.

I'd like to know what you all have to say; does anyone else live in Canada? We can help each other find Nintendo Wii's... hopefully. I need help, personally, even though I've tried every store imaginable in my area. We can also discuss shipments here and rumors of next shipments - I was so close to getting one the other day and I looked later on the Net and found something that said Wii's were coming on the same day I was close to getting one.

Anyway, opinions/thoughts?
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
Re: Wii Wanna Scream
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 07:21:03 pm »
My Wii has been on pre-order but is one of the ones that fell foul of Nintendo's lack of stock.  It pisses me off that ordering one a month in advance gets you less than queueing the day before, but there you go.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 07:58:20 pm »
Man, just wait on it. Nintendo knows what they're doing. They released the system near December for a reason. Just kidding.

Anyways, I'm seeing the opposite problem here. Stores are getting Wiis, but people aren't noticing. I walked into a GameStop this Thursday at around 6 PM or so to see if there were any decent gameboy games (there weren't, there never are because GameStop pays too poorly), and overheard one of the employees talking about how they had 3 of 5 Wiis still unsold over the phone. The shipment came from Friday. Wow.

Actually, that's just one incident, and I too am noticing a lack of stock. I get the feeling that more than a few people will not get a Wii because potential giftgivers are thinking that since Nintendo has so many units, it makes up for the high demand.

By the way, supply and demand means that the more demand you have, the faster your supply sells.

If you don't have a Wii at this point, there is a good chance you won't have one until next year. But it isn't a big loss. Aside from bragging rights, there is nothing gained from getting a system at launch. Nobody cares if you got an n64, Gamecube, gameboy, or (more recently) a DS the day it came out, because now a good deal of the people who would care have them too.

I also want a Wii...but not badly enough to stake out my local retailer. Remember: good things come to those who wait...black things, and sometimes in threes, with games and possibly extra controllers included for free.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline qubit

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 11:33:29 pm »
I am also Canadian, but seeing as I haven't really checked that hard (I haven't asked anywhere other than a Leon's electronics department and my local Canadian Tire) I don't know where you can find one.  Try Future Shop or something like that, or a local game store - it depends on where in Canada you're from.  In Toronto (my hometown) there's a lot of local stores (there's one down at Lawrence Square near Dufferin and Lawrence) but I'm not sure if they sell Wiis.  Good luck anyway.
Me: Do you find it odd that CF's top two loves rank last in his Bouncy rankings? x_x
mike89: yes. yes i do.
mike89: but then i find CF odd.
Me: so do I.

The odds of meeting a TSCer randomly on the street, at any given time anywhere in the world, is approximately 15,785,611 to 1 ... and growing.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 11:56:44 am »
I am also Canadian, but seeing as I haven't really checked that hard (I haven't asked anywhere other than a Leon's electronics department and my local Canadian Tire) I don't know where you can find one.  Try Future Shop or something like that, or a local game store - it depends on where in Canada you're from.  In Toronto (my hometown) there's a lot of local stores (there's one down at Lawrence Square near Dufferin and Lawrence) but I'm not sure if they sell Wiis.  Good luck anyway.

I live pretty close to Toronto but I didn't know Canadian Tire would sell 'em. :P
Anyway, here are all the places I've checked:

Zellers - 4 different locations
Wal-Mart - 2 different locations
Toys R Us - 2 different locations
EB Games - 4 different locations
Costco
Future Shop - 2 different locations
Best Buy
HMV
The Source
... and one other store that slipped my mind...

There's no Gamestop in my area, just EB's.

genus, you're probably right. I guess that helps a bit so I'm not totally bummed over the fact that I can't find it anywhere. I know Costco is apparently offering No Limits and even Bundles like 2 games included with the normal package I believe. But I didn't bother checking in-store there since there's no limit and it reduces the chances, even more from me getting a Wii. But I am studying marketing at school and that supply and demand thing is true; they probably did this on purpose to increase their demand - I'm sure this'll greatly increase their sales, making them have a big lead over the PS3 soon.

I heard, actualy, yesterday, that the next shipment is Thursday and others say Friday (both upcoming this week).

Oh and I forgot to mention, on Friday (this past) when I checked the stores, A LOT of theme said they didn't "recieve their shipments". One retailer said that he was "very disappointed" that they didn't come in and that he was "really expecting another shipment". Probably due to the release of it in Japan and Euope, maybe they voided some shipments I guess.. But anyway, for Canadians in this thread, would it be worth waiting in line at one of the above stores on Thursday or Friday morning. If I/my parents do, it would most likely be Toys R Us, Best Buy, EB or Zellers. What do any of you think?

And douglas, the samething happened to a friend of mine. It is frustrating, I know.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 06:21:20 pm by knuckles_sonic8 »
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 06:22:02 pm »
Speaking of the Wii, I'm getting Banana Blitz today, finally! (Rolken, I convinced my parents to get it for me before I got the Wii; told 'em it's already Sold Out some places)
I was supposed to get the Wii today but the place my parents waited at for me had none. :P
Tomorrow I have three chances so I'm hoping that I'll get one if I wake up early tomorrow and we can all go and get my Wii! :D Can't wait...
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 04:29:35 pm »
Well, I have BB now and I've had it for three days now or so. But now, I'm still on the lookout for a Nintendo Wii. Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm thinking of calling EB, Rogers, Toys R Us, Wal-Mart and Zellers all throughout the week. BB and Future Shop, I'm sure, won't have it and even if they did, they'd sell out fast. Toys R Us did on Saturday.. it was unbelievable what happen'd but anyway (they had 20).

Anyone else got any tips for my the last week before the holidays on getting the Wii? Any news at all? Anyone else in Canada find a Wii and wanna relate their experience or something?
Wiiloveit

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 05:15:51 pm »
I would like to revive this topic. As many of you know, I still have yet to own a Wii! :(
I'd like to track updates of Wii's in the Canada area. Anyone else up for this and helping me?

We can ALL help each other, so we can all have a Wii someday...:P
Wiiloveit

Print

Hits: 486 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.08 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.