• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
Re: sup
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2007, 02:54:51 am »
My advice would be to take a bit of time out. For a week or so, don't post in the forum. Don't even touch it!

Just let people know you as a great player rather than a controversial person for a while. Once a week or so passes and you've knocked over a few more records, people like Stefan will want to talk to you about strategy etc, and then you can work towards getting people's trust and acceptance back.

<3 Thorn.

Offline thaparagod

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2007, 03:11:04 am »
I thank you very much for that advice, it makes quite alot of sense, but ive already taken a 2 week timeout, then came back and found some cool metal harbor strategies... isnt that good enough? =/

trust..acceptance..respect..sounds nice. If I could earn these back I think everything will be okay. Though I cannot see where ive went wrong for you all not to trust me, the others I can easily understand.

also to SM I just noticed your picture, 14.73?! XD Please tell me you used some kind of trick to freeze the timer until you got really close to the lever and that it wouldnt really help during a time attack, otherwise I will feel stupid thinking 13 is actually good.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 03:17:24 am by thaparagod »

Offline F-Man

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2007, 03:40:40 am »
Heh... Mistakes can be corrected simply by not doing them again. If from now on you will never make another post where you think the whole world hates you, I'm quite ready to forget you made those kind of posts, and to retract my previous statements.

Offline X-5

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2007, 04:47:01 am »
f-man your post made me smile, I greatly thank you and everyone else that is willing to let me have another go  cause it really has brightend my day..err well very-close-to-morning and I should of slept 5 hours ago.

Like I have said in the past this is the only competition site ive ever gotten records in, which makes it special.

We'll see about that.

by that I hope you mean you will defend it, if so yay yay yay! I think I would cry if you permanently lost it, i dunno why but juss cause its one of those combinations that are meant to be
* Paragod  is ultra mega tired and this post sounds lame cause of that

oh yeah I almost forgot.. someone needs to ban tha masta cause i aint gunna be using it since it sounds like a showoff's name, even tho really it isnt.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 04:55:36 am by Paragod »

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2007, 06:33:51 am »
Im meant to be doing an assignment right now 'cause Im in class so Ill post my exact thoughts later, but its not all that different from what mike and effy said tbh <_<

And I have no idea how SM hits the rocket tha fast but its fucking insane.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Waxwings

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2007, 08:07:07 am »
Yeah. Give yourself some cooldown time.

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2007, 08:59:56 am »
My method for 14.73 isn't worth it by the full game clock at all.  It might even be system- and mission-exclusive.

For starters, note that the zone that triggers the missile launch countdown is a roughly cube-shaped area encompassing the square perimeter, and reaching from the water surface to a peak just below the top of the tier-2 walkways.  What I do is make sure I'm in hard mode with a Dreamcast, then grab the missile once normally, and put on the board (as I'm sure you're familiar with).  This misses the shaft completely, and lets me fall--aim for the upper half of the right side relative to the camera, but do so at such an angle that you miss tier 3 and land on tier 2.  If you don't fall off, slide over into the corner, and since it's hard mode there's an enemy here that shoots you, conveniently making you lose the board.  Alternately, if you don't put on the board, the Dreamcast fall angle (again, apparently only in hard mode) gets you stuck on an interior lip of the shaft; superbounce out and you don't need to worry about getting hit or having to land with space-shuttle-like precision.

Anyway, since the polyhedron to start the missile timer doesn't trigger until just below tier 2, you're here with no missile timer.  The missile is not grabbable until the timer starts, so you need to do that.  Fortunately, here's what you can do: jump past the spring, hopefully squeezing between the small gap between it and the missile.  Turn around in midair to face the other way, and when you think you're just a bit below it, do a homing attack to reach up and hit it.  With any luck, this homing attack will come just after you touch the top of the missile trigger, and you'll grab it in 14.6 or better.

This becomes non-version/mission exclusive if it's possible to super bounce from the opening section of walkway, landing on tier 2, but I've found so far that there doesn't seem to be enough room to do so until the spot you use at the octagonal platform, which also starts the timer.

Offline Conker T. Squirrel

• The Ultimate Power!!
  • TSC: shadowblast63
  • winxp msie6
  • Oh, charming...Bleh. It's me! Shadowblast63! Yey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2007, 05:39:00 pm »
i agree with wax and Mike.
I am the Ultimate Power in the name of destruction and chaos!

Offline yoshifan

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2007, 11:35:47 pm »
In the meantime, there's no reason to worry about me taking SA(DX); I only have a few improvements left in me right now.

Offline X-5

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2007, 12:10:39 am »
yea sure =P a month or two ago you said you would never ever surpass me, but you easily did.

but if you guys insist..ill cya in a week or something

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2007, 06:07:30 pm »
honestly when I read your nonsense...I wanted to punch you in the face.  Then I made a post which was really sour in regards to how you were acting.  right now seeing your name back on the charts hasn't changed anything about how I felt about you...its how you act on the forum/chat that will do it for me.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline X-5

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2007, 06:27:29 am »
bah, shadow jacky.. I wish I could of somehow had you dislike me a year ago, you could of just beat some sense into me then and odds none of this would have happened..

atleast you set me free, thank you =)

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2007, 07:29:47 pm »
just do me a favor, quit with the shenanigans and stop worrying if everyone here likes you.  its not a popularity contest here and your records made you favorable to begin with.  people would have liked you if you didn't talk and just gotten records and showed vids.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline X-5

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2007, 08:55:47 am »
sure thing SJ

I feel better about the situation even more than when I made my post here a couple days ago, so im thinking the odds of it ever happening again is pretty much zero  and hopefully everyone will disregard it ever happening eventually.

and if they cant.. ill get over it.

Print

Hits: 740 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.11 MB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.