don't click here

Tales of a ps2 modding newbie :S

Print

Author Topic: Tales of a ps2 modding newbie :S  (Read 2911 times)

Offline MrNomad

Tales of a ps2 modding newbie :S
« on: July 06, 2007, 08:13:00 pm »
OK, so for about 4 weeks or so I've been trying to mod my ps2 to play imports/backups. Why you might be axsking? Before I thought of modding my ps2, I bought SEGA/Sammy's new title Guilty Gear XX Accent Core from playasia.com Silly me was thinking "YES! Now I can play the newest GG game!" To be brief, when I learned about and got the 1st GG game for ps2, I went to gamefaqs.com only to see that the newest version GG XX reload was coming out... :S At first I thought it didnt mean much sense it looked almost identical. That was before I heard of shoryuken.com (lots of sites huh?) The folks there, being the fighting game gurus, told me that the difference was in how they programed Reload, reassuring me that it was far better than the one I had. Still I was reluctant to go and buy a new one for it seemed pointless to me. Years went by, they made GG Isuka and GG XX slash, etc. Then came along Hokuto no Ken, a new SEGA/Sammy game that really caught my eye. It looked like so much fun, and it was about one of my favorite animes =D I wanted to learn more about this game, and by doing so I was told it was not coming to the U.S. D= I was disappointed, wanting to know why not, and the only answer I got was playstation of America was no longer allowing 2d fighting games of any sort unless it was some capcom collection =/ I wanted HnK but I was reluctant to go out and get it...Later more, I hear of GG XX Accent Core for japan on the ps2, and that point I was more than willing to try and mod my ps2 so I could play the games! 1st, I got the game, again I was thinking I could get away with playing it without the mod...At this point, I was searching about modding a ps2 and i came across ultimate console guide. It was there that I started getting the stuff to do the modding. I got the slide card, a little card used to eject the cd holder in the ps2. Now, you cant just get a card and slide whenever...First you hafta get rid of the cover for the cd holder. The site had an instructions on how to do it, I followed it as best as I could. It looked like I did it...Then I turned the console on and, now i cant really use the eject button, since it'll freeze or get caught on something and struggle to go in =/ At least the card can help put it back in and work haa...Not only that, but you need a software also to play imports. See, the slide card isnt the only method to playing imports, but the point is that you need some way of swapping a software that allows you to play import without pressing eject as it erases any information from said software...Only problem was, I got the wrong software, and now im waiting for the right one to come in the mail *sigh* I also had to get a new ps2 since the old one is now deemed unusable by my family :S I swear I might just either get a flip top case (other modding function) for the new one, or just give up. Gahh! This wouldnt be happening if goddamn Ps of America would just allow the friggin 2d fighter games in the first place! Oh well, I'll just keep playing my Shining Force EXA and Phantasy Star Universe =P

Print

Hits: 518 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 972.83 KB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.