don't click here

A few things about Windy Valley with Sonic

Print

Author Topic: A few things about Windy Valley with Sonic  (Read 3054 times)

A few things about Windy Valley with Sonic
« on: August 31, 2007, 05:20:10 am »
Ok, I just wanted to ask, you know the shortcut where you charge up your special... spin dash thing (sorry mental blank) in act 3 of Windy Valley on the spring boards, which shoots you straight towards the capsule? Could someone with SA and SADX who can do the shortcut tell me if it's possible on SA? Coz I just can't get it to work.

Also, on one of my old crappy Windy Valley vids, someone claimed he got between 00:59 and 01:03. Alot of people make claims like this, but I have a feeling this guy might actually be telling the truth because his explanation actually makes sense. An outdated way to land on the capsule in Windy Valley is to jump straight off the "road" and onto the capsule. Apparently it can be done from the very start of act 3, with an interact controller, and I have a memory of someone saying there was some short cut in one of Tails' levels that could only be done with one of these controllers, so if any of you has one of these controllers, it might be worth trying out.

His exact words were "I'm pretty sure you can't do it with a regular dreamcast controller. You need an interact controller (it's shaped like an ugly white boomerang with black buttons). And if I remember correctly, you have to speed (spin) jump NE when you start the third section while holding the right shoulder button." and if you want to see the whole conversation it's here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AiEqZQzEss (and yes, I realise my run sucks).
W€£ $€ÄÑ¥ ßÕ¥ 2K7 says: (11:10:17 PM)
my sis said she fancied EGGMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

W€£ $€ÄÑ¥ ßÕ¥ 2K7 says: (11:29:08 PM)
who knew u could bend water with plastic

Offline Waxwings

Re: A few things about Windy Valley with Sonic
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 03:19:18 pm »
I thought special controllers (autofire, turbo) were banned for competition.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

Re: A few things about Windy Valley with Sonic
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 03:01:40 pm »
Uh, they are.

Oh, and just for the record, I have one of those controllers (the black ones) and he's right in describing it.
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Print

Hits: 510 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 998.50 KB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.