don't click here

What Wii games are there...

Print

Author Topic: What Wii games are there...  (Read 8048 times)

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
What Wii games are there...
« on: March 09, 2007, 09:50:29 am »
...that don't require the nunchuk? Because I might be getting a Wii eventually, and I have an... *ahem* disability so I can't hold both of them at once.

I've tried at my friend's house... And I already know TP is off the list. Oh well, I can always get it for Gamecube...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 07:38:11 pm by Pidgey »
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline GerbilSoft

• Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
Re: What Wii games are there...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 09:56:05 am »
Wii Sports doesn't require the Nunchuk. Also, I don't think Sonic and the Secret Rings requires it, but it does require you to hold the Wii-Mote with both hands.

Offline Selphos

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 03:45:07 pm »
I can do that, i just can't hold two different things at once.

Offline Rolken

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 03:48:57 pm »
Also note that if you look on the back of any wii box, there's icons indicating the compatible controllers.

Warioware is mostly-but-not-quite nunchuk free (you can beat the game without it); the main game of Monkey Ball is nunchuk free, but some of the minigames use it.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 02:13:26 pm »
Wii Sports doesn't require the Nunchuk. Also, I don't think Sonic and the Secret Rings requires it, but it does require you to hold the Wii-Mote with both hands.
In Wii sports, Wii boxing requires the nunchuck
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 08:12:09 pm »
First off, let me start by saying the having a disability is nothing to be ashamed of - same goes for health problems. Trust me.

Aside from that, here's what I know:
-Super Paper Mario : no Nunchuk AT ALL
-Elebits: uses it extensively; a must really
-WarioWare: only a select set of mini-games uses it; will be fine
-Mario Strikers Charged: unfortunately, uses it extensively although you can play online with only a Remote if you play with another person (it's really too bad you can't enjoy this stellar game)
-Monkey Ball: only 12 mini-games out of the like.. what... 50. :P Also, single-player is no nunchuk also.
-Rayman Raving Rabbids: some games use it
-Mario Party 8: only ONE extras game uses it: this is a notable one
-SSX Blur: uses it extensively for mov't

Those are the main ones I can think of although I have played other Wii games also.

Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline Stefan

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 08:17:48 pm »
Only boxing of the wii sports uses it, and it's not required.

Zelda does use it =/

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 09:04:35 pm »
Ieatatsonic is a necromancer and should be punished with a humorous image.

Out of curiosity, why is it you can't use the nunchuck? Is it because you have no way to hold it and access all the buttons? You might want to consider erecting a support stand, or sitting down and propping in up with your knee if that's the case.

Anyways if it still matters, SPM is probably the best game that doesn't require the nunchuck. In fact I'll even make a list like ks8 did to show which games take which controller type. Only I'll have less games, because the ones I play are actually good! Note that I even included asterisks to show how good it is, except for wii sports which you're getting whether you want to or not. Prepare to proclaim blasphemy when I say I liked SSR...well, less than TP. Do you really expect me to be unconventional all the time?

Wii Sports-Boxing requires the nunchuck, but nobody likes boxing anyways and it doesn't require button pressing so much as thrusting, which I'd imagine you woudn't have much trouble with.

Twilight Princess***-The nunchuck's mandatory here, and is used extensively in combat. Stick to the gamecube version if you're interested in the game.

SSR**-No nunchuck required, and you only really need to use 4 buttons. I wouldn't imagine it would be too difficult to play, though I'm not sure how easily you'd be able to hold a sideways wiimote.

Super Paper Mario*****-Another game where you don't need the nunchuck and can instead rely on holding the controller 'nes' style. Once more I'm not sure how easy it is to keep your hand steady while doing this.

Wii Play (no stars deserved)-You only need the nunchuck for a single game, tanks, which is the only decent game in the package. Stay away from Wii Play, spend $10 more on a second controller and a nunchuck. Well, maybe not if you can't use the nunchuck. Just go for the standard wiimote then.

Pokemon Battle Revolution (no stars deserved)-You can play this with only the wiimote as well. But don't. I got this game for free, and I still feel cheated.

Metroid Prime 3******-I love this game, and you won't. You need the nunchuck to move, lock on, and go in morph ball mode, so you're not getting anywhere. Maybe you and a friend could do a collaborative playthrough, we're you aim and he moves, but I'm thinking you probably have better things to do with friends.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Selphos

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 04:46:19 pm »
I played SSR at a friend's, already told you guys that...

in other words, "nes style" works for me

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 03:41:48 pm »
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam is another one - no Nunchuk + sideways control scheme.
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 03:38:19 pm »
I just got Mario and Sonic. It can use the nunchuck, but you can do the events without it( the only one that does need it is Archery).
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 07:23:26 pm »
I also forgot to mention that triple jump, high jump, and skulling use the nunchuck. If you don't want games that involve the nunchuck, then you may want to skip this one.

Print

Hits: 314 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.08 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.