don't click here

Maybe this is spam/pointless... Hopefully not...

Print

Author Topic: Maybe this is spam/pointless... Hopefully not...  (Read 8806 times)

Offline Sonux

« on: April 01, 2004, 04:38:41 pm »
In science, we took a pop-quiz on a news audio clip on a "dangerous" substance. As we listened, I heard the words "Dihydrogen monoxide" and started to laugh.
One of the smarter people next to me only got it after I could not stifle my small laughs anymore. I had heard about this "substace prank" weeks ago on the SSMB, but I would have gotten it anyways, because I remembered that fact only AFTER science. A mid-smart person across from me got it after the person next to me started hinting at it. The least smart person at our table didn't get it with the person next to me's hints, nor mine, and it took him awhile even after the teacher said what it was and "APRIL FOOLS!" It is "A oderless, colorless substance that can kill you if you inhale it." Some people in a town (adults) paniced when the local DJ talked about it and said that it was even in the city's water supply... But enough of that... Here's the link to the site for more information: http://www.dhmo.org/ .

Some people can be really stupid, so (especially on April Fools day) don't always believe what people tell you, or at least not what it seems at first. "Read between the lines" All of the stuff like "It is commonly found in paper cups" and "If you inhale it it can kill you" is true, so the person wasn't making it up, just taking a different view on it. So, things are not always what they seem, and that is the moral of this story. You may discuss april fools day, "Dihydrogen Oxide", or how things are not always as they appear. Or there's always the alternative... The one that people get angry at others for just doing their job... The one few people can do... The one that will make this off limits... The one that is... LOCKAGE! *shot*

Yeah, as I said before, you may discuss any of those things, as this is a milti-topic topic.

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 05:41:08 pm »
Well, that's nothing. While calmly going to a local elementary school to help a former teacher with something, somebody set a stinkbomb off that was right next to me. It smelled exactly like dog crap. It was disgusting. However, to retaliate, I poured several bottles of tabasco into the lunch (Tomato soup) April fools you unappreciative bastards :D

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 08:05:53 pm »
Long live Hydrogen Hydroxide!

Offline Rolken

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 09:02:00 pm »
Yes, hydrogen hydroxide sounds so much cooler (and is more scientifically correct to boot!)
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 10:52:31 pm »
Another year, I had some fake blood packets,  and this knife, and I was lying down at my house waiting for someone to come in, with this knife and the packets open. It was pretty funny. Another time, I gave somebody a fake blood packet saying it was a jelly bean, and they ate it.Then, the blood was spewing everywhere. I'm evil.

I HOPE YOU DO

Print

Hits: 558 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1018.99 KB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.