don't click here

New Sonic R glitch found!!

Print

Author Topic: New Sonic R glitch found!!  (Read 27679 times)

Offline iPie

New Sonic R glitch found!!
« on: February 08, 2008, 03:40:26 pm »
Okay, so i was playing on radient emerald with super sonic, and after the loop, coming close to the slide thing, i made a sharp turn, and went out of the map.

Not knowing what i was doing, i ran around the map, but i ended up by one of the doors, which left me closer to the finish line.

I do not know how i did this. I have attempted to try this again, but it failed.

All i know is, i made a sharp turn into a wall, and went out of the bounderies.

I got a video of it..well..atleast me out of the bounderies..but it was recorded on my phone..and is very unclear..all you can see..is a sparkly thing..er..well..super sonic, and a black backround which is the outside of the level.

Not much of this glitch is known, i am experimenting on it.

If anyone wants to help me with this, i have provided the full version of sonic R for the PC, and a SAV file, which has all characters, stages, etc. Just load the 1st slot on the data thingy. drag the SAV file into the save folder of sonic R.

Well. anyway. If the user knows what they are doing, this glitch can probally be used to get amazing times, much like the other out of boundery glitch.

Who knows..Maybe it was just somthing lucky..well..what i do know is..this game..is so damn glitchy. lol

well heres the links.

oh..and one more thing, make sure you have WinRaR for extract the sonic R.

Sonic R for PC : http://www.esnips.com/doc/f91ddf11-500a-4596-a186-f7b865192680/sonic-race-pc-fullversion

SAV file : (oh..you might have to register to download it.. =\ so do that, and download the file on the forum)  http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=7101

well, hope this helps =]

PM me if you have any questions.

kbai =]

Offline P.P.A.

Re: New Sonic R glitch found!!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 03:46:02 pm »
I doubt posting a link to the game is legal...
Anyway, could you please upload the video somewhere? I'd be quite interested in it. :o
Also funny thing I read this topic just as KMaCc told me about his RE glitch.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 05:30:11 pm »
I read about getting out of bounds, but was never able to find out where.  Will try.
edit: Which spot on the map exactly did you do this on? http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/6214/whichspotpl4.jpg
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 05:48:21 pm by Groudon »

Offline iPie

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 06:43:02 pm »
yes, kmacc, i know him irl, i was actually over his house, i was playing, and i jumped through a wall..and im like "OMFG KEV HERE" and he plays the rest of the level, and gets the record..so..yeah.

I'd give credit to both of us =]

but yes, he did break the record, so give him more credit ^^

Offline iPie

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 06:47:12 pm »
and where i found the glitch, it was like, a little past the loop, i made a sharp turn and went right into the wall, and out of the map. Give me some time to upload the video..its from my phone..and i gotta transfer the specific type of file to a file i am able to upload to youtube...etc..etc..and boom. and the video is just me out of bounds, i couldn't tape the part where i went out..

OH..and i discovered ANOTHER glitch in the same place too!

when you go past the whindy part (not the loop) like, about in the middle, i made yet ANOTHER sharp turn..and ran into the wall..right into..er..out of the map..but..i was going to record it..and i forgot to press record on my phone..the only part you see is..me saying like "OMFG WTF"..and yeah..I think it shows a little part of me out of the map..but im not sure.

Offline iPie

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 10:51:11 pm »

Offline asdf

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 08:43:52 am »
Tell me more about it.

I don't know.... :(

Offline Kmacc

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 09:35:45 pm »
^Don't worry, it's not all that great.

I only did it for my Time Attack run once and got 42.80/2.11.30 or whatever.

Since then I've gotten 2.10.xx on the 3lap, and 42.93 on the flap without the glitch.

Sdj, you're good, you should be able to beat those. =)

Offline Azure

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 09:59:29 am »
I doubt posting a link to the game is legal...
Anyway, could you please upload the video somewhere? I'd be quite interested in it. :o
Also funny thing I read this topic just as KMaCc told me about his RE glitch.
I had the game for PC but the disk got scratched too badly to use or copy. In this case, it should be legal, right?

Offline Etch

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 01:19:12 am »
Kinda getting back into this game, I did RE glitch once today.

Anyways, I mostly worked on the RC sc getting 3"03 flaps and some decent 3laps for gp, time attack and reverse mode.  Kmacc is whipping me to that #3 spot.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 05:32:35 am »
Call me old fashioned, but I'm pretty sure your stat is invalid if someone else broke out of bounds for you and then let you finish the lap
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 09:39:26 am »
Not if the lap time wasn't on the same lap as the breaking out of bounds.  For 3-lap, I know where you're going.

Offline Kmacc

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 10:50:10 am »
^ I did it myself and got my own 42.80 which I submitted. Since then though, I have improved my Radiant Emerald times a lot, and have gotten a flap of 41.90 without any glitches.

I have a Radiant Emerald time attack video where I get 2'07"73, and the last lap is 41"93, so you can see that I'm capable of doing that. :P

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFTCzinbL5Y

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 11:17:28 am »
Wait... Is that how you found out about the glitch?  That strat is :O in terms of speed.

Offline Etch

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 05:08:13 pm »
Wait... Is that how you found out about the glitch?  That strat is :O in terms of speed.

Sliding = Faster

Wherever and whenever you can do it, do it!

I have fallen a couple times too and I think it has to do with how fast you are going in that one section.  Kind of like RR which is random for me.

I'll be #3 in no time. ^^

Offline Kmacc

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 11:40:56 am »
Sliding is faster, I figured that out some time ago. Take advantage of it as much as possible and your times will be much better.

One thing that sucks is in the computer version of Sonic R, you can just press the regular left and right buttons (not the "sharp turn" ones) and skid, kind of like snaking in MKDS, MKDD, etc. This isn't possible to do on the gamecube version... I've never played the originaal saturn version so I don't know if it can be done there or not.

In conclusion; SKID EVERYWHERE! :D

Offline Etch

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 07:30:15 pm »
I read over some of the site competition rules and I am a little unclear on what consoles and stuff you can play on in order to have those times/scores count as valid records on the charts.

Sonic R is also on the Game Cube which is what I use, part of the sonic gems collection.

It can also be played on the PC and like Kmacc mentioned, it is not equivalent to the Game Cube.  I don't know what the game is like on the Sega Saturn so if anyone can enlighten me on what the beef is about what systems are allowed for Sonic R that would be great.

Offline Rolken

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 07:37:55 pm »
The general TSC rule of thumb is to compete on whatever system you have available. We generally only restrict if there are major blanket differences, ie. Sonic Jam.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Kmacc

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 07:50:43 pm »
Yes, I've talked about the difference already with Etch.

On the computer version, you can simply press left and right back and forth (equivilant to pushing the control stick left and right on the gcn version) and perform skids like that. As far as my testing has gone, this isn't possible on the gamecube version. My friend (iPie who got banned lol) had the computer version and I tried doing the skidding like that and was easily able to do it there.

I also have never played the Saturn version so I'm not aware of the mechanics. It just sucks that the PC version has an advantage like that over the gamecube version. =/

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 08:04:34 pm »
Can't you do that on a Gamecube by using the control stick and control pad?

Offline Kmacc

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 09:42:09 pm »
You'd usually have to use it with L and R as well. There are instances where you can do on with just the control stick, but those are on sharp turns only. As far as I can tell, it's impossible to skid at all on a straight path like that without using a wall or any kind of solid object.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008, 11:03:55 pm »
If it uses L and R with the stick, it seems like snaking in F-Zero GX if it's what I think it is.

Offline Kmacc

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008, 11:15:39 pm »
Even with using L or R, you can't skid as long as your moving in a somewhat straight path. If the gamecube version had the same mechanics as the PC version, all you would have to do is go back and forth on the control stick to skid and you would never need L or R.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2008, 04:55:06 am »
Have you tried using the d-pad instead? Since the keys on a computer are digital too, maybe that works.

Also wtf Etch, those Resort Island times are crazy! Did you use the out-of.bounds glitch near the waterfall or what?

Offline Etch

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2008, 04:58:08 am »
Have you tried using the d-pad instead? Since the keys on a computer are digital too, maybe that works.

Also wtf Etch, those Resort Island times are crazy! Did you use the out-of.bounds glitch near the waterfall or what?

Nope I wasn't near the waterfall.

I already explained what I did to Kmacc and he was able to duplicate. ^^

You get out of bounds near the start and basically loop around while staying out of bounds to get the lap counter to go up.  I will get some videos up tomorrow. ; )

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 05:19:21 am »

Nope I wasn't near the waterfall.

I already explained what I did to Kmacc and he was able to duplicate. ^^

You get out of bounds near the start and basically loop around while staying out of bounds to get the lap counter to go up.  I will get some videos up tomorrow. ; )
Ah, I see. I'll be looking forward to the videos. :p

Ok, so... now 2 of 5 courses are totally broken due to glitches, and Regal Ruin (reverse only) too. Fuck.
ROLKEN I KNOW IT'S STUPID BUT WHAT ABOUT GLITCHED/NON-GLITCHED CHARTS FOR SONIC R

Offline Etch

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 05:23:44 am »
Ah, I see. I'll be looking forward to the videos. :p

Ok, so... 2 or 5 courses are totally broken now due to glitches, and Regal Ruin (reverse only) is too. Fuck,
ROLKEN I KNOW IT'S STUPID BUT WHAT ABOUT GLITCHED/NON-GLITCHED CHARTS FOR SONIC R

I think the glitch is old because I saw someone from here do it in a video but they did not think of using it to make a sc. xD

RI, RC, RR reverse, RE reverse are the ones with major shortcut glitches.

Don't be surprised if more surface.

Kmacc also mentioned that idea because let's face it, they are two very different styles of racing and the old times were very good but whatever you guys do, I'll just roll with it.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 05:46:15 am »
Certainly the idea is valid. I can't see it being implemented though, and here is why.

TSC has always had a more relaxed attitude even to major glitches than most competition sites out there. In general the stance is "if the game lets you do it, it's allowed". There are exceptions, of course, but we're talking about stuff that makes competition completely null, like 0-second completion of any level in any MegaDrive Sonic game.

<3 Thorn.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 08:22:10 am »
I remember when Sonic R was fun
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2008, 08:24:42 am »
Heh RPG :(
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Print

Hits: 210 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.23 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.