don't click here

Sonic 2006

Poll

Have you gotten all of the achievements for Sonic 2006?

Yes, because I loved the game.
1 (7.1%)
Yes, because I wanted the achievements but beared with the game.
1 (7.1%)
No, but I tried to.
5 (35.7%)
No, the game was terrible and I gave up on it.
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Print

Author Topic: Sonic 2006  (Read 11676 times)

Offline Nario

Sonic 2006
« on: October 21, 2008, 12:10:06 am »
So, I just got all 1000 achievement points for Sonic the Hedgehog for the Xbox 360 and, I must say, it's the worst Sonic game I've ever played. I grew up on Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, Spinball, and 3D Blast when I was a youngster. Later once I got a GameCube, I continued my Sonic experience with Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, then Director's Cut, then Heroes. Every single Sonic game I've played up until that point had been good and I enjoyed the heck out of every single one of them--less so for Sonic Heroes, but I tried to get all of the emblems at least, whereas I officially completed both Battle and DX. Then Shadow the Hedgehog came along and struck my heart with sadness. How could Sega Studio USA stoop so low? The game was frustrating, the story was non-existent, but at least the music was good. How could Sega get any worse?

And then Sonic the Hedgehog came out. I rented it for my Xbox 360, And I couldn't believe how bad it was. The reviews were true: the game was atrocious. I normally wouldn't pay attention to the reviews on the Internet, as they were usually filled with lies (example: DX and Battle got horrible reviews, and Gamespot even gave Battle's music a 6/10 when it deserves an 11/10), but the reviews were finally right this time around.

Filled with glitches, bugs, bad programming, and simply being an unfinished product (read the instruction manual, for instance. A fourth of the features, items, and abilities are non-existent in the game), Sonic the Hedgehog is simply Sega's hint towards the Sonic fanboys (us) that they don't care about Sonic anymore... or do they?

With Sonic Unleashed coming out this holiday season, I can only hope that Sega treats Sonic with the love that he deserves, rather than treating him and his friends like dirt.

So, yeah, I got all 1000 of the GamerScore available in Sonic 2006, and yet here I am saying that it's the worst/hardest/most unfair Sonic game ever made. What do you all say to something like that? Have you gotten all of the achievements? Do you think my past Sonic experience and my skills to get all 1000 GS makes me a credible critic in saying that Sonic 2006 is beyond horrible?

Discuss.

P.S. I do eventually plan on doing some kind of run for certain levels in this game, nonetheless. The game wasn't 0% fun (more like 10%). ;)

Offline Parax

Re: Sonic 2006
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 07:30:59 am »
I've gotten all of them too. I voted the first option for some reason, maybe because I'd been awake for 10 minutes at the time. Probably should've gone with the second. I think the game's a lot more playable if you know how/where it glitches up and how to either avoid it or take advantage of it. The game does suck, but I don't hate it; don't love it either. It's somewhere in between.

Also, when you say "Battle", you're referring to SA2B and not Sonic Battle, right?

Offline Nario

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 07:45:38 am »
I've gotten all of them too. I voted the first option for some reason, maybe because I'd been awake for 10 minutes at the time. Probably should've gone with the second. I think the game's a lot more playable if you know how/where it glitches up and how to either avoid it or take advantage of it. The game does suck, but I don't hate it; don't love it either. It's somewhere in between.

Also, when you say "Battle", you're referring to SA2B and not Sonic Battle, right?
Yes, that is correct. I actually forgot about Sonic Battle until now.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 08:18:12 am »
So, I just got all 1000 achievement points for Sonic the Hedgehog for the Xbox 360 and, I must say, it's the worst Sonic game I've ever played. I grew up on Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, Spinball, and 3D Blast when I was a youngster. Later once I got a GameCube, I continued my Sonic experience with Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, then Director's Cut, then Heroes. Every single Sonic game I've played up until that point had been good and I enjoyed the heck out of every single one of them--less so for Sonic Heroes, but I tried to get all of the emblems at least, whereas I officially completed both Battle and DX. Then Shadow the Hedgehog came along and struck my heart with sadness. How could Sega Studio USA stoop so low? The game was frustrating, the story was non-existent, but at least the music was good. How could Sega get any worse?

And then Sonic the Hedgehog came out. I rented it for my Xbox 360, And I couldn't believe how bad it was. The reviews were true: the game was atrocious. I normally wouldn't pay attention to the reviews on the Internet, as they were usually filled with lies (example: DX and Battle got horrible reviews, and Gamespot even gave Battle's music a 6/10 when it deserves an 11/10), but the reviews were finally right this time around.

Filled with glitches, bugs, bad programming, and simply being an unfinished product (read the instruction manual, for instance. A fourth of the features, items, and abilities are non-existent in the game), Sonic the Hedgehog is simply Sega's hint towards the Sonic fanboys (us) that they don't care about Sonic anymore... or do they?

With Sonic Unleashed coming out this holiday season, I can only hope that Sega treats Sonic with the love that he deserves, rather than treating him and his friends like dirt.

So, yeah, I got all 1000 of the GamerScore available in Sonic 2006, and yet here I am saying that it's the worst/hardest/most unfair Sonic game ever made. What do you all say to something like that? Have you gotten all of the achievements? Do you think my past Sonic experience and my skills to get all 1000 GS makes me a credible critic in saying that Sonic 2006 is beyond horrible?

Discuss.

P.S. I do eventually plan on doing some kind of run for certain levels in this game, nonetheless. The game wasn't 0% fun (more like 10%). ;)
You're a hater and you just want to destroy everything that's been great about Sonic, you stupid 2D fanboy.  Sonic 06 is being destroyed by haters, it's a cult classic and Sonic is hawt.</eggFL>

But seriously, I think you'll find that's a pretty common viewpoint around these parts; moreover, never apologise for having an opinion.  Personally I think 06 could have been good if it had been finished properly but it got pushed aggressively to be an early family-friendly AAA title on 360/PS3, and sadly the amount of money that got spent on it and the absolute bombing it took might well signal the beginning of the end for Sonic as a tier-1 franchise - much now rests on Unleashed - if that doesn't turn a profit, I think we'll see Sonic Team concentrating on the "casual" (meaningless word, I know; read simple gameplay on Nintendos) market.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline KnucklesSonic8

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 03:08:02 pm »
Sonic 06 wasn't that bad. In fact, I thought that underneath it all, it was pretty good. In fact, I just got it a while ago before the Red Ring.

But anyway, I've been trying to go for Achievements, yes.
Wiiloveit

Current Competition Focus: ---
Wants S&S All-Stars Racing

Offline Nario

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 04:14:58 pm »
You're a hater and you just want to destroy everything that's been great about Sonic, you stupid 2D fanboy.  Sonic 06 is being destroyed by haters, it's a cult classic and Sonic is hawt.</eggFL>
I'm new to this forum, so I must ask: who's eggFL? And I am to assume that this part of your post is a joke, because I love SA, SA2, and Sonic Heroes?

Offline flying fox

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 05:01:19 pm »
I voted for the third one. Anybody who read my post when Nario was saying hi, will know why. If not I'll say it again. Somehow my data got corrupted and I had to start all over again. What happened was the lead for the controller got caught by my bed and I tried to pull it free. It somehow took out the main lead for the console, don't ask me how but it did. When I got the console back on, I found out that my data got deleted. This was not the first time it happened. You would have thought that after the third time of the same thing happening,  that the best thing to do when the lead got caught by my bed would be NOT to pull it free. Stupid Woman!

However, I'm alot wiser now and have sorted it. So it won't happen again.

My opinion of Sonic 06:
Its my favourite game, even though there are some things about it that I do find very annoying. I love the graphics and the music. I don't care that I am admitting this, but I'm always singing (not too loud of course) with the music, especially Crisis City. That one is my favourite song and level (Silver's one) of the game. Oh yeah and Solaris phase 2 :D

Offline Nario

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 05:10:42 pm »
Good to know that someone likes the music to the game! I was rather impressed by the quality of the tracks and by how many of them there were in the game. Of course, Jun Senoue may have not worked on much of this OST, but I thought the other composers did a great job at making excellent music. I find myself nearly humming every single tune in the book (except for Event themes) and I can't get enough of the music, especially New City and Dusty Desert: In The Ruins.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 05:11:55 pm »
I'm new to this forum, so I must ask: who's eggFL? And I am to assume that this part of your post is a joke, because I love SA, SA2, and Sonic Heroes?
My first line was eggFL's universal answer (paraphrased, but genuinely pretty accurate) to anyone criticising Sonic 06; and yes, it was a joke (it's safe to assume most things I say are, really).
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 12:47:38 pm »
I got all the achievements! I love that game!
I loved the competition with DsS on GameFAQs, I'll guess I'll start competing on Sonic2006 again very soon!

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 04:41:03 pm »
I got all the achievements! I love that game!
I loved the competition with DsS on GameFAQs, I'll guess I'll start competing on Sonic2006 again very soon!

how about no fake stats this time...
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline flying fox

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 04:51:58 pm »
Another thing I will admit is that when ever I'm working on my computer, I always go on Youtube and play all the music from Sonic 06 :D

The worst thing I can think of about this game is the loading time. I have to wait about 20 seconds for the damn thing to load. I don't know what it is like for the PS3 :(

Anyway, I'm off now to test my RA theory on Flame Core as Silver. As you know its no where near the max amount (there is at least about 130 more rings than the top record) because of those damn fireballs. However, I believe I have a way around them, reducing the risk of being hit by at least 80%. Hope it works :(

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 07:23:27 pm »
I'll probably get and play NexGen in, oh, ten years or so, when the eventual "Mega Hyper Mystic Sonic 1123321 Emerald Collection" comes out.  But until then, I do not have a 360 nor PS3, and have no desire to get either.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Print

Hits: 308 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.12 MB | Time: 0.07s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.