don't click here

(SA2B) Which time should I focus on the most?

Print

Author Topic: (SA2B) Which time should I focus on the most?  (Read 4345 times)

Offline Keeta

(SA2B) Which time should I focus on the most?
« on: August 26, 2008, 08:55:52 pm »
Well, to be honest, I suck at this game. Try and tell me which of my times is the best so I'll work on that one the most. There's only 3 courses that I'm remotely proud of my score. (All m1 by the way)

Sky Rail- 52.xx
I'm somewhat consistent on this course, it's the shortest and the easiest, but I can shave off 4 or more seconds off this if I can go through it without making stupid mistakes.

Metal Harbor- 1:27.99
My most played course. I came extremely close to 1:24/1:25 many times lately, but as of late I haven't been able to do the last shortcut to the goal ring. Which sucks because I used to be able to do it consistently.

Crazy Gadget- 2:01.17
I actually tried to speed run this stage for the first time today. And before today, I hadn't seen any speed runs of the stage. I based my run off of Yoshifan's m3 video, but because I use the Wii's internet I couldn't check back for reference once I was playing it. I know I can shave off 2/3 seconds and get sub 2:00 because I abused the checkpoint for a 0:54 second glass check and again at the last checkpoint because I missed the bubble.

Offline X-5

Re: (SA2B) Which time should I focus on the most?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 12:38:46 am »
those times are hardly considered sucky if you are just starting out, take a look at my first few stats for those levels from when I started.

but about which one is the best...hmm I will say metal harbor, but crazy gadget is really close cause your times will suck very much at first if you do not know the shortcuts. I guess if you've seen the m3 video you know what to do so even sub 2 is very easy once you put in that half hour or so of practice to get all the movements memorized.

I say you can take metal harbor to around 1:20 in a few hours, which would be good. The goal ring jump can really suck, I always had to hope for the best at that part. I could always make the jump.. but rarely optimally.

Offline Keeta

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 03:17:56 pm »
I don't think I can get 1:20 because I base my strat off the best Metal Harbor vid I could find on youtube, which is 1:22 x__X

Offline Stefan

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 08:02:06 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojnqsmciKYg

Good luck! I felt extremely accomplished when I finally got metal harbor under 1:20 (it took me years of playing)

Offline Keeta

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 03:24:57 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojnqsmciKYg

Good luck! I felt extremely accomplished when I finally got metal harbor under 1:20 (it took me years of playing)
Thanks.

I recorded 1:28.17 and was going to upload it so you could tell me my weakpoints... but I won't do so now unless I can't get 1:20 in a week

Print

Hits: 597 | Hits This Month: 7 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1000.71 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.