I've been threatening to host another tournament for a while, and Brawl's pretty awesome. Do I need to say more?
For my MKDS tournament, I had players compete round robin style with arbitrarily imposed requirements; each match that a player won would earn them points, and at the end of each round the low scorer would get eliminated. I still gave eliminated players a chance to influence the course of the tournament. I'm doing the same thing here, but as Brawl is more conducive to customization, I intend to set even stranger constraints. For one round, I might require that players can only choose two moves to use; in another, I could set all explosives to high. Basically: the point of this tournament is not to provide an objective measure of each player's relative skills. The point of this tournament is to have fun. It's not No items, Fox only, Final Destination...except when it is. Before you sign up, know what you're getting into; I don't want to hear complaints about how you only got screwed because of luck. For anyone who really wants to win that's missing the purpose of this tournament, I suggest practicing with many different characters and learning the subtleties of item play.
1) Play under the conditions described in my posts.
2) Report results in this thread in a clear format; "sdfsdfhksdfh defeats ewriwuerhiwehr 2-1", not "dslkfhksdjhgfkhsdfkshdkfhsdkjfhkjhhkh aiuowiueouqwoieuqoiwueoqwueqwoue 2-1". Disputes will be handled on a case by case basis, if I don't like you the other person will probably get the win.
3) Don't disconnect in the middle of a match, no matter how bad the lag is, or how cheap your opponent is playing. Lag is fun, and so is getting swamped by a tactic you can't counter.
4) At the end of every round, the player with the least amount of points is eliminated...sometimes! Maybe someone will get mashed in a head-to-head challenge and their points will be worth nothing. Maybe some other time, a few suckers get taken to the gibit at once to speed everything up. Maybe one day, the top Ike player impales himself on a sword by mistake, and then he's gone. Maybe you've got a reeaaaaaaly embarassing replay of a death that should be grounds for the leader's disqualification. But mostly, just by losing a lot.
5) All participants are obligated to have fun.
To join, post your Brawl code and name. Depending on the number of entrants, I may establish pools of players to streamline things. Registration ends...next week sometime? I'll know when to cut this off.
1) genus: 'genus', 0301-9458-8472
2) ShadowJacky: 'SJ', 2191-7299-1181
3) sonicam: 'Cam', 3823-8244-2742
4) Bertin: 'sylux', 1418-6570-4856
5) 1stKirbyever: 'Kirby', 3093-6740-8185
6) Auriman1: 'Auriman1', 4854-8500 -5866
7) Pokemonmaster888: 'PM888' 2535-3298-8307
8) The_T: 'The_T', 2621-2268-7630