don't click here

50th Video Special

Print

Author Topic: 50th Video Special  (Read 7136 times)

Offline flying fox

50th Video Special
« on: October 01, 2008, 07:48:44 am »
I have just now uploaded my 49th video on to Youtube and would like to do something special for my 50th. I kept racking my brains for something but I couldn't think of anything. So I was wondering if anybody out there would like to set a challenge for me.

The following games I have: -
1) Sonic the Hedgehog 1
2) Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (& Knuckles)
3) Sonic the hedgehog 3 (& Knuckles)
4) Sonic 3D Blast
5) SADX
6) SA2B
7) Sonic Heroes
8) Sonic 06

All you have to do is to make a challenge up thats interesting such as for example Sadistic Mystic's 0 score challenge in SA2.

The challenge that gets picked will be the one that is the most interesting one and will be picked by the end of Friday 10:30 p.m (thats english time to me).

So please guys help me out here I would be so grateful. Also I'm sorry if this topic is in the wrong section of the forum :/

EDIT: This Friday coming sorry forgot to put the actual date down but you guys probably already knew what Friday I was talking about :D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 04:34:57 am by Flying Fox »

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: 50th Video Special
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 08:29:22 am »
I think I might have you one for heroes. Try beating Seaside Hill with Sonic only as fast as you can. (Maybe my challenge is a little too harsh?) I might think of some more later.

Offline Jawzunx

• first person to beat Cybrax on City Escape (3rd mission)
  • TSC: Jawzun
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 01:57:12 pm »
I would like you to do a ring attack in SADX on Red Mountain as Sonic.
Try to beat my record (710 rings) It shouldn't be too hard, I only got three 40's on randoms boxes, but it will be challenging enough :P
still can't believe what I did in 2007

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 05:02:51 pm »
get 149 rings in scrap brain 3

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 01:14:54 am »
Here's one I prepared earlier! (It's from the ill-fated tournament I ran last year...)

Play Sonic 3 and Knuckles with any character. You may start from any act. You must collect the following items: 10 rings, Speed Shoes, invincibility, each of the 3 types of shield, 1-up, Robotnik, and a large ring. Your run ends when you collect the last item, and your time is the sum total of all levels played.

Now, if you competed, please do me a favour and -don't- spoil the optimal solution...

<3 Thorn.

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 02:55:13 am »
Sonic 2, with a DDR pad as your controller.

Just because.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 04:43:58 am »
get 149 rings in scrap brain 3

I would love to do that but if it wasn't for the unreliable burrowbot and that I'm an impatient girl, I would probably do that one. It would take too long and I really want to carry on doing my Sonic 06 End of the World RA. So far I'm up to Silver's section and its nearly finished. I'm hoping to collect every ring in every section :P

The 49th video was Knux's section, I'm up to 285 rings so far, I'm trying to max End of the World.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 04:53:10 am »
I would like you to do a ring attack in SADX on Red Mountain as Sonic.
Try to beat my record (710 rings) It shouldn't be too hard, I only got three 40's on randoms boxes, but it will be challenging enough :P

Yes that is challenging with the random ring boxes but Red Mountain is a huge stage and 710 rings is well a lot of rings. It sounds like a really long video and my computer crashes alot when I try to do long videos, well any length of video but mainly the long ones. Thats why I'm doing End of the World RA in seven parts to make the computer a lot happier :(

I liked to apologise for the mutiple posts I can't seem to be able to insert more than one quote in a post :(

Offline flying fox

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 05:31:27 am »
Here's one I prepared earlier! (It's from the ill-fated tournament I ran last year...)

Play Sonic 3 and Knuckles with any character. You may start from any act. You must collect the following items: 10 rings, Speed Shoes, invincibility, each of the 3 types of shield, 1-up, Robotnik, and a large ring. Your run ends when you collect the last item, and your time is the sum total of all levels played.

Now, if you competed, please do me a favour and -don't- spoil the optimal solution...

Now this one I do like the sound of. No I didn't compete, I only became a member this year. Hold on there I've just read it again and straight away I think I know what you mean by don't spoil the optimal solution. Is there a certain act in a certain level I can't use? I know straight away which one is perfect.

Could make it more interesting such as:
1) super or hyper characters not allowed
2) debug mode not allowed
3) You mustn't lose your rings or any of your shields or lose a life
4) You have x mins to do it in
5) could take the spin dash out but then Tails or Knuckles would be useful there unless I use Sonic
 only

So far guys Mike is the winner but keep giving me more suggestions see if you can beat him.

Print

Hits: 582 | Hits This Month: 6 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.05 MB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.