don't click here

Question for xbox 360 users

Print

Author Topic: Question for xbox 360 users  (Read 9388 times)

Offline flying fox

Question for xbox 360 users
« on: November 10, 2008, 02:38:57 pm »
Sorry about this but I don't know anybody else who uses a 360 so I thought I would ask here. I want to ask my Dad to get me a network wireless adapter for Christmas so that I can download the boss attacks and very hard missions for Sonic 06 and downloadable content for Sonic unleashed if there is any.

However, while looking at the marketplace for Xbox Live, I can't find it. I have looked everywhere. Does this mean it has gone for good or is it still there somewhere ?  Is their a time limit on the content at the marketplace? I'm new to this so I don't have a clue how the marketplace works. Somebody help me please? Sorry for being a noob :(

Offline Parax

Re: Question for xbox 360 users
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 02:50:38 pm »
It's still on the marketplace, under Game Addons.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 03:04:26 pm »
I see you're using Windows XP, and the fact that you want a wireless adapter implies that you likely have a laptop that's tapping into a wireless router... if you just want to use Xbox Live for downloads, you can always make a network bridge from a router, wireless to a Windows laptop, and wired from the laptop to the Xbox. That saved me from getting the $100 adapter.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline flying fox

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 03:07:52 pm »
I see you're using Windows XP, and the fact that you want a wireless adapter implies that you likely have a laptop that's tapping into a wireless router... if you just want to use Xbox Live for downloads, you can always make a network bridge from a router, wireless to a Windows laptop, and wired from the laptop to the Xbox. That saved me from getting the $100 adapter.

I didn't think of that. Thanks Thorn :)

EDIT: Just come back home armed with an ethernet cable, gold membership and microsoft points. Will download content (found out that content never gets deleted at the marketplace :D) hopefully on Wednesday. Thanks again Thorn you have saved me £60 (about $94) and Paraxade.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 05:51:53 pm by Flying Fox »

Offline Stefan

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 05:53:46 pm »
I tried bridging a wireless connection. About a hundred different ways.

Long story short: I still don't have XBL.

Offline Nario

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 06:05:51 pm »
I suggest this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00009X6DT/ref=pd_bbs_sr_olp_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1226358343&sr=8-2

It's cheap and easy to use. I got one a month ago and it was super easy to setup.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 06:13:22 pm »
Thanks if what I have doesn't work I'll try that. I've been doing quite well on Sonic 06, I think I'm ready to play the VHMs. I've been waiting a year to get them.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 06:55:53 pm »
I tried bridging a wireless connection. About a hundred different ways.

Long story short: I still don't have XBL.

Just trying to help you here:

1) It could be your broadband. Sometimes XBL doesn't work with certain broadbands or

2) It could be your settings

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/xbox/XboxLIVE/GetConnected/SetupaHomeNetwork/Wireless.aspx

Where it says choose a topic go to the dopdown box and click on wireless connection to Xbox Live. If that doesn't work then I haven't got a clue :(

EDIT: oops didn't realise I double posted :P

Print

Hits: 1,211 | Hits This Month: 6 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.03 MB | Time: 0.07s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.