don't click here

A Confession.

Print

Author Topic: A Confession.  (Read 7796 times)

Offline Azure

A Confession.
« on: November 19, 2008, 07:34:24 am »
I created the member "Ouchkibibbles" and submitted mid-level SADX stats using that name as a joke, saying Ouchkibibbles was an imaginary friend.

My reply is below:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 04:30:00 pm by Azure »

Offline Rolken

Re: A Confession.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 12:17:05 pm »
Your uneasy relationship with the truth does not inspire confidence. And what's going on with this guy?

I would like to be more forgiving, but the correctness of the rankings is paramount, and I am having trouble believing that that is something TSC members can trust you with in light of these topics. Submitting revoked, stats remain up until this situation is worked out.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Azure

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 03:54:06 pm »
I don't know where to begin. It all started as an idea I had, and one that I unfortunately chose to verbalize. My friends actually encouraged me, (shows what kind of friends they are, which is kind of sad) so I went along with it. Making another account with mid-level stats in SADX and calling it my imaginary friend? Sounded clever, at the time.

...What was I thinking?!?

If anything, this whole situation has called my integrity into question, which I know is dangerous territory in TSC. Illegitimate members are harshly punished, but that is how it should be. The true spirit of honest competition here is what the site was founded on. I had no intention of making myself out to be dishonest, but that is what I foolishly did.

Now, I have not only lost your trust, but I have put everything I've worked here for in TSC on the narrow edge of complete obliteration. I wish there was something I could do to restore your trust, but I put myself in this position, and it is one that is much easier to fall into than come out of.

So how did I manage to do something so foolish? It is mostly because I often act on impulse, and that usually merits little to no thought (hence my stupid decision here). That is what I did here, and for that you have my sincere apologies. They may not be enough, but I hope that I may once again be able to compete here at TSC.

I love TSC, and just as much, the people here, but I just don't know if I could get by without competing. So, decide what you will, and I'll await your judgment.

-Azure

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 07:36:46 am »
<-- This guy is real, not a dumb screwed up idea by Azure. Yes he has his moments of stupidity like this but other than that all his stats are completly true, so if you give him another chance i will try to keep him in line.

Yes, i reffered to myself in the third person... is that unacceptable? i'm sorry. I hope andrew gets another chance.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 07:42:37 am by DarkSpinesEchidna »

Offline Azure

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 07:37:37 am »
(You'll have to get used to Zack referring to himself in the third person).

We're both at school and that's when we visit TSC the most, because of my dial-up and his lack of motivation to compete. Please understand that he joined of his own free will.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 07:43:52 am »
(You'll have to get used to Zack referring to himself in the third person).

We're both at school and that's when we visit TSC the most, because of my dial-up and his lack of motivation to compete. Please understand that he joined of his own free will.

. . . are you suggesting you usually coerce people into joining?

Also hi Zack.  I spent an entire month only referring to myself in the third person.  It's hard.  The amusing bit is I still occasionally slip back into the habit :)
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Azure

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 07:46:27 am »
I forced Crazy1993 to join.

But this topic is getting away from the original point, which was to decide the correct repercussions for my actions. I'm still banned at this point, which I hope is resolved soon.

Offline Rolken

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 09:15:49 am »
Trouble is, while I'm sure you greatly regret what you did, that doesn't absolve you of it. I don't think it's healthy for the community to resolve these situations by simply allowing people who apologize to return to full status immediately, and so you should not expect to be unbanned in the near future. Stats are suspended.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 11:08:08 am »
I was worried you lost your touch rolken >_>
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Azure

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 05:55:47 pm »
Oh, I didn't see this reply. >:o

Thanks for answering my question on the time restraints, Rolken. I may not be overly jubilant about the answer, but I guess that's how it has to go down.

But rest assured I'm staying with TSC until then, so there's no getting rid of me just yet. :D

I just do hope that you don't forget I'm banned for two or three years or something. That would be my luck, anyway. But I do agree with your decision, and I hope that I haven't damaged my reputation too much with my foolishness.

WHEN I HAVE MY PRIVILAGES RESTORED I'LL HAVE PURCHASED SA2 SO WATCH OUT FOR MY MEDIOCRITY!!!

Offline Azure

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 05:58:17 pm »
Also: Why is Shadow the Hedgehog in my game ranks?

Is this some sort of backhanded insult?

Offline Rolken

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 02:05:40 am »
I'm not sure why that happened, lol. The site thinks all your stats are suspended.

Print

Hits: 93 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.05 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.