don't click here

Sonic Unleashed (360/PS3) topic.

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Unleashed (360/PS3) topic.  (Read 89570 times)

Re: Sonic Unleashed (360/PS3) topic.
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2008, 02:12:45 am »
OMFG you guys play this too much. -_- the Times are already ridiculously fast...

nah we are just good and practise alot.

Xbox live Gamertag = Dx I Stealth xx

Offline BattleAxeRX

« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2008, 05:39:29 am »
Ok, I'm going to put my pics in this post so you guys know I'm not cheating, also, I think the pics look cool and my TV is awesome.

P.S. I like the site, it's pretty cool, I'm a long time sonic fan, been playing since I was a kid in the genesis days.

Later!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 02:17:50 am by BattleAxeRX »
It is better to give than to receive.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2008, 09:01:44 am »
I meant wait for a good game. I admit I wasn't sure about it but watching vids from Paraxade, fke and PoT, I really liked what I saw and got it as soon as it come out.
Lol, can't have seen vids from me, I got it on the EU release date, the 28th.

Also, hello to the new guys!

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2008, 11:18:17 am »
Hey guys, found some spare time today. Cool new people joining in, hello there. I see the topic has reached 3 pages :D

Anyway message to PoT and fke (if you're still reading this) I am 100% certain that RR1 night RA is 527 max. I wasn't sure at first because I RAed it last night at nearly 2 in the morning. I checked again when I was fully awake and yes definately 527 is max. When I got to the top of the clock tower, I had 467 rings. There are 60 rings from there to the goal ring, which makes 527 rings. Anyway just to let you know especially you PoT (with your 0 point ring count), I will be getting the full amount very soon, now I have figured out a way to get all the rings going down the clock.

Good luck!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2008, 11:46:23 am »
Well, this sounds interesting. I can't remember how many rings I had before the outer part of the clocktower, but I'm sure I've caught every ring in the vertical line at the end.

I'll probably take a look at it again today.

I like how you just keep finding more rings. When a few people have the same amount of rings in a stage and say it's max, I won't even bother to search for more once I get the said max amount.

Btw, just call me final ^_^

EDIT: Well I just went over it again, and strangely, I only found 523 rings this time >_>
How many rings are on that long falling part? If I counted right, there should be 20. Anyway, you were right, there's 60 rings from the outer clocktower until the goal ring.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 01:12:41 pm by PoT »

Offline flying fox

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2008, 02:54:47 pm »
Ok final :)

I'm going to show myself up here, but whenever I'm RAing a huge stage where there is a guarantee that there are rings all over the place. I write down how many rings there are in sections of the act. I don't care if that makes me look like an idiot but it has helped me a lot and got me loads of records. Anyway did the same with RR1, I'll give you my notes just in case you want to use it, its quite useful. What I mean by section is Dark gaia barrier to Dark gaia barrier, checkpoint to checkpoint, Dark gaia barrier to checkpoint and vice versa.

Section 1 - 30
Section 2 - 46
Section 3 - 93
Section 4 - 118
Section 5 - 152
Section 6 - 232
Section 7 - 267
Section 8 - 299 (before the clock tower and after Big Mother)
Section 9 - 361
Section 10 - 401
Section 11 - 467 (after the clock tower)
Section 12 - 477 ( 10 rings on the first part of the clock tower)
Section 13 - 490 (13 rings on the 1st line)
Section 14 - 510 (20 rings on the 2nd line)
Section 15 - 527 (there are definately 17 rings by the goal ring)

I'm glad I made this list because I checked it this morning and ticked off every section. Which is why I'm 100% sure that 527 is max. I will have another look again tonight. I'm giving you this list so that you can use it to have a look around RR1 and so that there'll be another person to confirm it. Hope this helps you, its up to you to use it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 03:18:39 pm by Flying Fox »

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2008, 03:48:15 pm »
Very nice, thanks a lot Emma! You're definitely not an idiot for doing this. I do the same as well, but mainly on the day stages, since they just tend to have more rings, and more rings = more that can be forgotten/overseen.

Since you were so kind to give me that list, the least I can do is to check that right now.
brb 20 <_<

EDIT: Just did it, and got 527. your list is absolutely correct, except that section 2 is only with 41 rings, but the 5 rings are on the same platform.
Excellent job, all credit goes to you with my submission
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 04:14:11 pm by PoT »

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2008, 04:39:40 pm »
wow good one fox and wrighting it down dont make you an idiot its clever so you know how many to expect in each section of the map.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2008, 06:10:25 pm »
Hah! I knew it! Now I just have to get it, I'll do it tonight. Then I'll be looking at CE1 night.

And thanks final I noticed that and Lucas. I'm so glad it worked. ^_^

Probably do the same thing with CE writing things down. I didn't do it the others because they were easy :D

If I do find any more rings in CE I'll let you guys know.

Offline DDC20XL

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2008, 03:00:45 am »
Yo. I wanna talk strategy.

So i'm currently (still) speed running Skyscraper scamperer day. (i'm in 4th place... 13 MILLISECONDS behind PoT/Finalrush... T_T) and i've been looking at the top times... they're about 10 seconds faster... My question: HOW IS GOING THAT FAST POSSIBILE!

I'm thinking glitch or somethin...

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2008, 04:15:27 am »
well there may be a cut that they haven't told us or its jst skill really if you spend ages spedrunning a track you learn it fast and improve your time by a few sconds just by that so there may be a cut but its also maybe people are just speedrunning it so much they know the track and where to go.

Offline DDC20XL

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2008, 04:30:19 am »
I do understand what ur sayin' but i REALLY think there's another cut.

I've caught up (almost T_T) 2 final rush and BELIVE ME that took AWHILE. I know the stage so well i can air boost the first shortcut and land on the area b4 the bomb tunnel EVERY SINGLE TIME almost garenteed!

I can boost jump over the first gap w/ all the floating ememies and land on the shortcut platform w/ the life up in its center w/o using the homing attack!

I can boost jump the 3 shooting enemies at the end w/ the ring line + rainbow ring behind them and land on the rail that that short cut woulda landed you on!

Yeah it takes practice but, 10 secs less than me or Finalrush? HOW?

Offline Parax

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2008, 04:31:50 am »
there's a glitch at the beginning with the tunnel that goes across after the loop that saves a few seconds, see if you can find it. Other than that just better optimization, I'd assume.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2008, 05:09:19 am »
Must be another cut. But it also might actually be just the tunnel glitch itself.. I don't know. I still can't seem to get the tunnel glitch done, and I'm not speedrunning the level again when the only room to improve is about a second.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2008, 08:05:18 am »
I wish I could help you with the day stages but I can't. Just the night stages, thats what I'm good at :D

Anyway final, earlier I said I would let you know if there were more rings in CE1 night and there are. I'm 100% sure that 431 is max. I'm in a god mood today because I've taken the TA record for JJ2 so here are my notes for the last night stage. This time what I mean by section is checkpoint to checkpoint. I think its just easier.

Section 1 - 29
Section 2 - 50
Section 3 - 58
Section 4 - 63
Section 5 - 103
Section 6 - 136
Section 7 - 150
Section 8 - 176
Section 9 - 261
Section 10- 359
Section 11 - 431

Good luck!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2008, 11:56:49 am »
Very true and very nice find. Just did it myself, and got the 431 rings in 22 minutes.
I've always missed these 11 on the sliding part, Idk why <_<

It's a pretty easy RA, but the section with the 6 or 8 rings that are between the falling pillars in the middle of the level are tricky.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2008, 12:53:02 pm »
That is true about the rings by the falling pillars. I can get every ring in this stage except those 8. I'll have to have another go. Hopefully will get them before them Christmas.

I'm glad I got the TA record for JJ2 night. That record was supposed to be mine. When you suggested to me to start TAing the stages about 4 days ago, I thought I'd TA JJ2 for a laugh and got 5:48. Well it looks like I may need glasses. 2 days later I tried to TA it again but couldn't do it. Looked at my time when I was back at the world map and noticed that I mistook the 5 for a 4. So it was 4:48 which was the record at the time. But when I went back online the next day fke broke the record and I was 5 secs behind him :(

Oh well I got it now :D

Anyway at least we can now definately say that all night stages are maxed XD

Offline DDC20XL

« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2008, 06:59:15 pm »
Oh yeah paraxade? Thats kinda vauge but i'll try lookin' for it i guess... thanx for the tip.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2008, 09:49:54 am »
I wonder where you guys are saving 15 seconds over me on RR1 day <_<

Offline flying fox

« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2008, 11:20:36 am »
Nice one on your night time on AS1 final, you were only 3 secs away from me. However I played it again this afternoon because I knew it could go lower I was having trouble with those tiny purple monsters. Anyway, this time the little purple monsters were being very good and I got it down to 5:16. Yeah go me :D

I only messed up once. I tried to do a Y charge on one of the monsters that come out of the water near the end and it sort of failed. Apart from that everything went really well. I reckon it could go down a tiny bit more, but only if its perfect. Its annoying having to TA AS1 night. Anyone who has TAed it will know why, I'm glad its out of the way :(

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2008, 12:29:00 pm »
Very nice time! I hate that night level anyway <_<

I know I can get a lower time than I have now, maybe by 5-10 seconds, but it's not really worth the effort, especially when I'll still remain in the same place.

Also, I know that I used a charged X attack and it worked pretty well on these water monsters near the end. Might want to try it once you feel the need to TA that stage again.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2008, 12:50:22 pm »
Hmm a charged X attack. I'll give it a go if I do TA again. It was a really good run I don't know if I can go any lower. I'm good on certain stages but not all of the night stages I'll admit that. My fastest time on SC1 night is about 4:28 and about 3:0X is the record so I need more practice there.

I can see why the X charge would be better. Its more spread out than the Y charge. I did hit it with the Y charge but I didn't hold it long enough. Shame could've been about 2 secs faster there, I recovered very quickly. At least I found a way to get rid of those horrible fire wizards quickly and without using water, that was slowing me down.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2008, 01:28:27 pm »
SC1? Well, I know I have a...4:18 I think. I lost quite a few seconds on the first moving platform part. I just fell down there..had to wait till the platform get up and down again just to jump on it. But 3:03 by fke? I have no idea how that is possible.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2008, 03:00:09 pm »
So its not just me then. I will be having a proper look at it soon but no I can't see its possible.

Oh well got Dark Moray down from 1:44 to 1:17 thanks to a new combo. Also discovered a glitch in SU. Just uploading it Youtube now :D

EDIT : Its up. Here it is for those SU players who read this topic but aren't subscribed to me so they don't miss out :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TFb_NwjZJhc
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 03:47:28 pm by Flying Fox »

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2008, 03:56:01 pm »
lol random find really bit lucky to find it nice Vid fox again.

and merry christmas to you too.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2008, 03:58:32 pm »
Thank you. I wanted to do something for a chrsitmas vid. This was lucky :D

EDIT: final just noticed your Dark Guardian time. So close to beating me, nice one. Did you have trouble with the gates with the third box like me?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 04:07:39 pm by Flying Fox »

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2008, 04:28:43 pm »
Awesome video FF, too bad it's not of any use in competition!

I did the DG boss on my first try. I don't know exactly, but I guess I was just lucky and the monsters didn't attack me or push the box back, and he didn't rush at me. I wasn't able to reproduce it, best I've managed after than was a 1:26 <_<

And (early) Merry Christmas to you guys, too!

Offline flying fox

« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2008, 06:03:14 pm »
Yeah thats exactly what I thought. Not usefull but still awesome!

Well done tho on DG I found it very irratating to TA because he kept charging at me. I had to find a way to stop it because I thought it dragged the time. You saw my video by hitting him before the light touches him it stopped him charging at me and made the health bar go down a bit more.

I see you beat me by 2 secs at Dark Moray. I shall have to TA it again :D

Also got a really nice surprise. Just checked my Dark Moray glitch video and noticed a very nice comment from DsS or DA1 who I have a lot of respect for and I would love to be as good as him in Sonic 06. That has made me a happy little girl and I do mean little. I'm only 5 foot tall XD
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 06:12:58 pm by Flying Fox »

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2008, 07:13:13 pm »
lol, he only said "nice" >_<

Print

Hits: 1,014 | Hits This Month: 5 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.18 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.