don't click here

League Ideas

Print

Author Topic: League Ideas  (Read 36244 times)

Offline flyby

• Lurker in the Shadows~
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • Livin' the dream~
    • View Profile
League Ideas
« on: March 07, 2009, 06:31:43 pm »
Ok, so with RPG's league nearing to an end, I have been considering starting another league, with a few changes.

I have a few different ideas, and want to know who might be interested in participating, and other various things. So first off, if you are interested in participating, respond to this post or PM me in #tsc or something, and also I want to know what games people have access to (especially 3d games).

I am also considering doing teams, so 2 players could team up and split the levels between the two of them (I was thinking prolly a 2d player and a 3d player, but you could split it up however you wanted, though prolly do half and half of the levels as much as possible--rulings on that to come later). So I want to know if teams are something that people would be interested in. The other possibility being having different divisions, and you could be part of the 3D division or the 2D division (or both if you wanted, I suppose), and then have some sort of finals where they would compete against each other, but I am really leaning toward the team idea, unless people really don't like it.

I am thinking that less levels would be good, perhaps 2 a week (4 if we have teams), and having a greater coverage of games. So pretty much anything that can be emulated on a computer would be free game for 2D (and things on Mega Collection/Gems if everyone has them), and then 3D, I will have to see if we have enough games that everyone has, or we might have to divide it up and split it a different way.

Anyway, if people have any ideas for league that should not be spoiled, please PM me. I will prolly do a lot of conferring with werster for 2D, Parax for 3D, but anyone else who would be interested in being a consult, just tell me, and I will confer with you also.

That is good for now. So, just tell me if you're interested in participating, what 3D games you have access to, and what you think about how it should be setup (if you have an opinion). ~ :D
:)

Offline Antronach

Re: League Ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 07:38:25 pm »
I'd love to join in, but recently my GC went to shit and I'll have to replace it somehow. Plus all of my GC games are up in my parent's house where my little sis is messing around with my savefiles (Leave my RAmar file alone! D:). Not that good. I might be able to do SA and Heroes once I get the PC versions, but that's pretty much it. :/

+ I'm all for the teams idea since it'll let those that don't have the games required for the league join still, just be with someone that has the game that the other player doesn't have.
Quote from: Emma Lover
Solution? Live with it.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 07:45:14 pm »
flyby, you know we all love you, but the instant this idea leads to
<SDM> YEAH I ZIPPED EMERALD COAST
we will have to be mad at you, to put it lightly. :(
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Mo

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 08:29:33 pm »
LOL at Thorn and the games I currently have that I'm good at are

Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle(Only on some missions)
Sonic Heroes
Shadow the hedgehog
Sonic Unleashed(Wii)
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Sonic and the Black Knight(Will get this very soon)
I'm also interested in competing.

Shortcuts I have discovered: SSR Skeleton Dome Mission 12 Gate ditch, SA2 Battle: spring dodge.

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 10:41:20 pm »
The inclusion of 3D games catches my attention.

The only games I'd be willing to play in the league are Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic06, and Sonic Heroes (Sonic06 is pushing it, but not many people will probably be playing that, so why not?).

Offline Shadowfan

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 12:50:30 am »
I think I'd like to join a 3D games league. The games I'd be willing to compete in include(in order)...
1. Shadow the Hedgehog
2. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
3. Sonic Heroes
4.(maybe we could experiment on Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games; I have it for the nintendo ds if anyone would be interested in competing.)
We also have sonic adventure dx, but i don't think i'd compete in that. We also have various games on the Sonic Gems Collection and the sonic mega collection although I wouldn't want to compete on any of the games on those games. I don't like the idea of teams(sorry to disappoint you, I din't want to pull my partner down because I'd probably be the weak link on the team because I haven't played sonic games in a while; also, who'd want to be my teammate). 

Offline Luxray

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 04:37:10 am »
I'm in for this. Its a pro idea. *points at game profile* Those are the games i compete in
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline werster

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 06:17:11 am »
This is indeed a pro idea! Anyone who thinks otherwise shall be shot. :( However, i think we do need a system in which you dont compete in every level for every round (several suggestions have been put forward) because i don't think we could find 3D games that everyone would agree to (but everyone would play S3K right :D) I would compete in any game i have use to.

Also Thorn, we all know Emerald Coast doesnt have zippy wall boundary's, SDM's zipping City Escape and you know it >:(

Offline flyby

• Lurker in the Shadows~
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • Livin' the dream~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 06:21:00 am »
So what games do you have use to werster <_<

Offline flying fox

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 06:47:43 am »
I'm interested :)

The games I have are:
1. Sonic Mega Collection (2D game I'm best at: S2)
2. Sonic Gems Collection
3. SADX
4. SA2B
5. Sonic Heroes
6. Shadow (not good at)
7. Sonic 06 (3D game I'm best at)
8. Sonic Unleashed 360 (I do have the wii version but I'm not sure about it)

I agree with Groudon that S06 will be pushing it but you could always have people play against each other in it. It  would be fun to play against Paraxade again and DsS but that might be hard since he is at college :(. I know STW has the game but I don't know if any of these guys are interested so this idea is probably stupid :(

« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 07:02:30 am by Flying Fox »

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 08:43:59 am »
I *may* be interested but don't expect much.  School resumes in a week, remember.
I'd be interested in mostly SA2B, SSR, SHTH, and SUWII.  Mostly because I haven't retrieved my save files for SMC+ and SADX since I last changed my hard drive, and I KNOW my SH save file is gone 4ever.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Parax

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 01:23:20 pm »
I can play anything except SRZG and the two Rivals games.

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 03:06:17 pm »
I'd join.

As I said in chat, you should offer 12 or so levels instead of RPG's 5, so people can pick ones from the games they have.

Perhaps 2 from SA2, 2 from SA1, 2 from Heroes, 1 from Shadow, 1 from SSR, 1 from SBK, 1 from S06, 1 from SUWii, 1 from SU360.

For reference, I have SA1, SA2, Heroes, SSR, SBK, and SUWii.
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 03:18:59 pm »
IMO:

Teams suck. That requires coordination. We learned from Risk that anything besides flyby/werster sucks.

Also if you want to throw more games in, better. Don't throw in any random shit that nobody expects. I practically dropped out when RPG brought up that fucked up round because that's not what I got into it for. Just some good old casual fun.

If anything, here's how I'd suggest it work.

Each week, choose an arbitrary number of levels from all games. Players may then play some lower arbitrary number of them; they are not required to play all of them. Points, if done, are earned in comparison to people who did the same level. Levels are weighted based on how many people play the level (i.e. worth more if you do better in a level that more people do). I'd certainly be willing to help draft a workable system for this.

That said, yes I'd be willing to do this. I have access to every game currently on TSC minus Sonic06, Secret Rings, SU360, Pocket Adventure, SRZG, Rivals, Rivals 2, Battle, and Jam. (And SBK, but that's not on TSC.)

Addendum: Throw rings, scores, and other divisions besides time in there for some levels, to cater to the crazy people who like RAing/SAing better.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 03:19:16 pm »
As I said in chat, you should offer 12 or so levels instead of RPG's 5, so people can pick ones from the games they have.

Perhaps 2 from SA2, 2 from SA1, 2 from Heroes, 1 from Shadow, 1 from SSR, 1 from SBK, 1 from S06, 1 from SUWii, 1 from SU360.

This isn't an all 3D league...

Edit: Also I like the idea of teams. :(  Just make a way so that people don't have to be on a team if they don't want to.

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 03:54:41 pm »

This isn't an all 3D league...

I was under the impression that each team has one 3Der and one 2Der, and that they will be held pretty much seperately.
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline Cream147

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 04:25:34 pm »
You don't have to be good, do you? If not, I'll join in. I own most Sonic games, but not Sonic Unleashed 360/PS3 (I have Wii version), Sonic '06, Shadow, Sonic and the Black Knight. I'm interested in competing in any game I do have...but please no Werehog!

EDIT: Though actually, if the team idea happens, I kinda prefer the idea of being a 2d player anyway.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 04:33:12 pm by cream147 »

Offline flyby

• Lurker in the Shadows~
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • Livin' the dream~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 04:49:38 pm »
They wouldn't be completely separate, I just thought people would want to organize themselves moreso that way, that someone strong in 3D would rather have a partner strong in 2D so they could divide and conquer etc. But really, the teams can divide up the levels etc however they want to.

How much interest is there in RA/SA competition for league? I considered it, but figured it would probably not be that popular, but if there is demand for it, I could throw the option in there.

I am trying to figure out how to work out a system of dealing with the problems of ranking people against each other who are not competing in the same levels. The weight for more competitors seems like an okay idea, but has the issue of people not knowing beforehand how many people will be competing in each level. So any ideas are welcome.

Also I don't think there would be a ton of communication needed between teams, so I don't think that is much of an issue, like it is in Risk. People could talk once "I'll handle 3D, I'll handle 2D" etc. The teamwork would be putting your efforts together, not in your communication as a team.  

Also, no skill required! If I don't think it would be a conflict of interest, I will be competing in this league, and -I- am probably the worst player here, so, yes, participate!

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 05:21:08 pm »
Also, no skill required! If I don't think it would be a conflict of interest, I will be competing in this league, and -I- am probably the worst player here, so, yes, participate!

In that case, I'll also be in for SADX, SA2B, SUWii, and SU360.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 05:45:06 pm »

Right then I've changed my mind. Put me in SUWii and SSR (better start practicing I haven't played it for a while).

Offline Mo

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 06:07:35 pm »
On games like SSR were some people don't know know most of the glitches in the game how will the games work in the league.
Shortcuts I have discovered: SSR Skeleton Dome Mission 12 Gate ditch, SA2 Battle: spring dodge.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 06:28:34 pm »
Sorry just remembered I haven't finished SSR so I'm going to pull out of it just for the time being. I play it again and when I've finished it I'll go back to compete in it.

Offline Mo

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2009, 06:55:57 pm »
How far in SSR are you FF?

Offline flying fox

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2009, 07:09:58 pm »
Dinosaur Jungle so it looks very likely that I won't be competing in SSR XD

From what I read on chat I have a week to finish it so I will try my best to do that so lets see what happens.

Offline Mo

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2009, 07:18:29 pm »
Good luck FF!

Offline flying fox

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2009, 07:22:04 pm »
Thanks I'm going to need it XD

I'll post in here again to let you know if I can compete in SSR sorry about that I can have a terrible memory sometimes.

Offline Mo

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2009, 07:36:54 pm »
Are you talking about getting all the skills or beating  the  whole story FF?

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2009, 07:40:18 pm »
I'd be interested to see where this is going.

I'll join.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline flying fox

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2009, 07:48:35 pm »
Are you talking about getting all the skills or beating  the  whole story FF?

I was talking about the story but now you mentioned skills I forgot all about them. It looks very certain that I won't be competing in SSR, but I will still play it just in case. You never know I might get lucky - yeah right(!)

Offline Shadowfan

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2009, 08:16:49 pm »
So when does this league start?

Print

Hits: 246 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.28 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.