don't click here

ITT a TSC meet that doesn't involve Rolken and flyby

Print

Author Topic: ITT a TSC meet that doesn't involve Rolken and flyby  (Read 7886 times)

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
ITT a TSC meet that doesn't involve Rolken and flyby
« on: May 15, 2009, 01:45:14 am »
As a few of you on the IRC know, there was a southeast (ish) Michigan meet this past Wednesday involving myself, SonicAD, donnashowl, and her boyfriend (because he insisted she isn't that great of a driver) at Oakland Mall in Troy. Initially met at Kerby's Koney Island. They didn't wait for me despite the fact that I said I wouldn't arrive until around 5 (which I did), so I got there and they were already done eating. Then we just kinda hung. Walked over to the arcade and watched this guy be crazy at look-alike-DDR while we talked next to Gerbil's favorite pinball machine. (...Wheel. Not Rick Astley.)

We also got to play the "pronounce SBW's last name" game. As expected, everybody failed. (I know only a few people not related to me that can pronounce it correctly.)

Anyway there's a pic or two, but Ben (donna's bf) has the pics right now. So everyone saying "pics or it didn't happen" has to wait for her. (And yes, we did comment on that.)

Other highlights:
-My first words of the day: "See? I showed up this time!"
-Us talking about how we all fail at Sonic. (Including me commenting that RAing Shadow isn't as hard because you don't lose everything when you get hit.)
-Sega claw machine in the arcade. Baby Silver Surfer? Baby Hulk (who looked like Gumby with hair)? Abu?
-Finding out that donna has a friend whose redeeming point is a Yaoi obsession
-Obligatory "I CALL BS" and "mmmballs" references, even though neither of them got the latter because neither was around for the !quote 8 shenanigans. (I decided not to move on to "also I kissed a guy.") Actually AD did a really good "I CALL BS" complete with a dramatic lunge that I'm surprised we didn't get weird looks for.

One of them will have to post what happened before or after I left though. I had to run because I had to live up to a challenge I made, and I had $700 worth of miniatures in my trunk. >_>
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: DarkspinesSonic
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: ITT a TSC meet that doesn't involve Rolken and flyby
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 01:53:17 am »
That must have been an awesome day.  I can't wait for the convention, I so have to go. :(
I am the champion of TSC! >:D 

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I like my speed runs like my steaks...UNFINISHED!!!

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 02:49:33 am »
Gah... I totally wish such a thing could happen for moi!

grats, guys... I love to see TSCC being a reality, somewhere...

*sighs happily*
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Donna

• Sonic Deconstructionist
  • TSC: donnashowl
  • winxp chrome
  • Don't give me hOPs unless I earned them!
    • View Profile
    • Donna's Blog - Found the Computer Room
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 03:11:10 am »
well, I'm about to prove that it happened. But first my notes.

I was all for waiting, since I had had the foresight to eat beforehand (the particular member of Ben's fleet* we took is the only one that ever induces car sickness in me), but Ben and AD trumped me :p. I also think it wise to point out the lols of us meeting at Kerby's Coney Island. Coney Islands are very much a southern Michigan thing, but for those fo you who aren't familiar with the term? Chili dogs. LOL Chili dogs. Oddly, I was the only one who didn't get one, as I generally don't like hot dogs. My burger and fries were awesome though. Also, on the way to the arcade I had my very first Orange Jullius. Too bad it's a milk product. :(

We also did some drooling over the gamestop and reminiscing about Babbages. Ahh, the good old days. The arcade we stopped at... I don't remember the name, but it had an eagle. LOL Americana, lol Eagleland TV tropes. :3

At some point, I don't remember how, we ended up mentioning Dateline NBC. I don't need to explain the jokes that ensued. You can guess.

IIRC, Ben also made a crude joke about my last name.

Anyway, the better of the two pictures is attached. Ben was extremely worried we wound run into someone he doesn't like, so he wasn't on the ball about telling us he was taking pictures. That's why I look so nervous and have my eyes closed. >_<

* Ben's Fleet is his collection of vehicles. Some are not his, but he has access to them. He owns about five cars, his mom leaves one of hers at the house, and then he can borrow his grandparents' whenever the heck he wants. So the fleet consists of about seven vehicles, four of which are classic cars and two of which I can actually drive. The count goes up to eight if you count my car. Hypothetically I could have driven the one we took that day, a lol Pontiac, but I'm too inexperienced for anything south of M-46, I kid you not.
-Donna, the crazy English major
I don't want your stinking hops!

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 03:21:01 am »
I love my playoff beard. >_>

Also, lolenglishmajor, Donna was the only one who noted the Coney Island + Chili Dogs + Sonic meet = hilarity.

American Fun Center I believe it was. Something silly like that.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 03:32:43 am »
that's me with the broom on the far right >____________________>
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 03:39:02 am by Shadow Jacky »
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 03:37:05 am »
I think that's a broom SJ...

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 03:39:24 am »
I said broom, wtf man? *shot*
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 09:00:01 pm »
Chili dogs...

I loves the cartoon, and I've been told that either I'm sonic incarnate, or I must've eaten him at some point, because I wolf down chili dogs like there's no tomorrow...

because, after all, how do I know there will be?
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Donna

• Sonic Deconstructionist
  • TSC: donnashowl
  • winxp chrome
  • Don't give me hOPs unless I earned them!
    • View Profile
    • Donna's Blog - Found the Computer Room
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 11:29:55 pm »
OH hey, while I'm at it, AD, Spinny, doesn't Ben look like he could be Eggman if he had no hair and a moustache? :3
-Donna, the crazy English major
I don't want your stinking hops!

Print

Hits: 159 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.11 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.