don't click here

Return of the genus-inspired Random Questions Topic

Print

Author Topic: Return of the genus-inspired Random Questions Topic  (Read 78621 times)

Offline Alondite

Re: Return of the genus-inspired Random Questions Topic
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2009, 11:03:25 am »
Coolest video game to play the main character's role in?
I'd like to be Tidus in FFX probably. Blitzball seems like it would be fun, and Spira is a pretty awesome place, minus Sin and all >_>
*SPOILERZ* And the whole not existing thing? *mauled*

Of course! I could do whatever the hell I want because I don't really exist. Not existing would also make my "existence" more meaningful (I know that doesn't sound like it makes sense but if you've played the game it does).

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2009, 02:54:32 pm »
Tallies are updated.

Given that after today, I'll be on vacation and likely without Internet access for a week, I'll post some thoughts now instead of discussing it in chat.

* The amount of people choosing the Cape Feather in Super Leaf vs. Fire Flower surprises me. I mean, after you ascend, you're forced to move in a straight line, and you hafta bend in a U shape and clutch the back of the cape for dear life while bobbing like a buoy. God forbid you lose your grip, although I guess you can make a slow descent down. The Super Leaf doesn't grant true flight like a P-wing, but it seems a lot more controllable. But hey, I'm not any of you guys, so you'd know what you'd like more than I would.

* Holy shit, some of you guys are bad at just ignoring questions you don't want to answer. I mean, we all knew that one question in particular wasn't going to get a lot of responses, but if I've read "hell no" or "..." once, I've read it a thousand times. By the same token, "I dunno lulz" is a bad answer too, in a topic where there are no wrong answers... congratulations! I don't think it's asking a whole lot to get a few more words besides the main answer, too: okay, it'd be cool to spend a day 1cm tall... why?

* The height question is fun to watch, because the majority vote is swaying back and forth. As you read through the topic, 1cm takes a lead at first, followed by a slew of 50m, then back to a lot of 1cm answers. The Pokémon question has made me reconsider my answer something like ten times as well, and I'm surprised that I haven't seen the typical furry answer "Lucario" yet. There's also two unevolved choices in the tally -- are we going for cuteness over being badass? :P

* Quite a few people claiming that DsS is simply more dedicated than the rest of us. I think it's gotta be more than that, truth be told. Dedication and skill alone don't guarantee as many 1st place spots as he has... you need a metric fuckton of luck, too.

* Minus is claiming that he has a bit of real-life empathy... teach us, bitch.

I love reading these replies, by the way, and they've made for a fair bit of discussion on IRC too, so keep 'em coming. That means you, SonicAD and Zephyr...
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Luxray

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2009, 09:25:01 pm »
Tallies are updated.
I'm surprised that I haven't seen the typical furry answer "Lucario" yet.

No..we're just choosing a pokemon so then later we can yiff Lucario. That sound better?
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2009, 08:39:02 am »
* Minus is claiming that he has a bit of real-life empathy... teach us, b!tch.
Well ... kinda.  Sometimes I'll be talking to someone (IRL, AIM or IRC) and they'll say something about not feeling good, stomachache, headache, sore knee, something like that, and I start feeling it myself.  I see someone with a bruise, cut, or scab and I feel something similar on myself.  If I'm visiting someone in the hospital, I feel the same things as I did when I was there myself (appendicitis).  By far the strongest one is, about 90% of the time, someone uses /me hugs (or equivalent, if they don't know the /me command), I feel someone hugging me.  Really.  Not sure if this all counts, but I thought it sounded right.  And no, I have no control over it.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2009, 12:34:01 pm »
What do you feel when Da1 gets shot by Quartz (or anyone else, basically)?
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2009, 12:36:08 pm »
Does someone else actually get shot?  Do they actually feel pain?  If not, then no.  Besides the fact that it doesn't work ALL the time.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2009, 12:38:05 pm »
ok
* P.P.A. shoots Dhaos.

Still, jokes aside this is really kind of fascinating. I never heard of such an ability before...
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Waxwings

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2009, 05:22:18 am »

Reality / TSC
What's the coolest screen name you've seen on the Internet that isn't yours?

Names are things that just slip out of my mind unless I know the person. Keeping it within TSC, probably SadisticMystic, who also happened to inspire my own screenname.

What's the best dream you remember? (I know there's a topic for this, you can link a post of yours if need be).

I don't remember dreams, generally, and the ones I do tend to not be fleshed-out enough to be worth remembering.

Who do you talk to / hang with most on TSC?

A lot of people. Stefan, genus, PPA, MK, AD, Thorn, SJ, Quartz... I could go on for longer. They're all great people.

TSC Furries: Poisoning the site, bringing smiles and happiness to the site, or just more users?

I'm ambivalent. I suppose I've gotten used to them over time, but bits and pieces still irk me. They're not bad people, but at the same time their mannerisms have always annoyed me. They've blended in there by now.

What do you think about these TSC fads:
* iSketch

Love it, wish it was more played.

* Mafia

I would like this more if I wasn't total shit at it. Taught me that I know absolutely nothing about strategy and mindgames.

* SRB2

Terrible, terrible fangame, and I'm not even touching the community.

* Toulouse

Great game. Another thing I wish was played more often.

Does Sonic Team has one foot in the grave, both feet in the grave, or is it rising from the grave as an undead? Or *gulp* is it wising fwom its gwave as some sort of Altered Beast? *shot*

It's dead. I visit GHZ enough to have seen the most recent press releases. They're disgusting. They've basically admitted themselves as shovelware and the marketing crew isn't even putting up a fight anymore.

The fandom will always survive, though; half-furries, half fangame creators/people like us who put a bizarre amount of time into these games.

Hypotheticals
Cooler power-up to own: Super Leaf or Fire Flower?

Super Leaf. Flight is pretty much the one thing I'd always want to do.

For those of you with a "fursona", or for those just answering for the lulz: your species, gender, and color are...? (I had to do it, sorry... I'm not appealing to a minority with this one anymore~)

Although I'm not really into the concept of RPing as an alter ego of mine, I suppose I could try and outline that sort of thing:

A bird of some sort, either a garuda-esque entity or a non-anthromorphic one.

If I had to choose a specific species I'd probably wind up with a raven, more for the fact that they're damn clever than that they're associated with death.

Cooler height to be for a day: 1cm (0.4") or 50m (164'), Square-Cube Law be damned?

50m.

Coolest Sonic-game body to inhabit?

Because everyone has near Sonic-level speed anyway, Blaze for added pyrokinesis.

Coolest non-legendary Pokémon to be?

Ninjask. Sure, it can't breathe fire, but flying that fast would be fucking exhilirating.

Coolest Halloween monster to be? (Use traditional definitions, not Twilight definitions)

A ghost would be awesome. It's like noclip, only in real life! Werewolves would be cool if the transformation wasn't universally considered to be incredibly painful. Nothx.

Pokemon, probably. Mirror's Edge is a great idea, though.

Coolest TSCer to trade lives with for a day?

Many people say Selphos, but it doesn't interest me. I'd probably pick Aitamen, as he seems like the person I'd learn the most about and be better able to sympathize with by switching. I don't really want to screw around, I want a new perspective. That said, I fear what Aitamen would accomplish in my life if given a day in my body.

Offline Waxwings

Re: <3
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2009, 12:34:01 pm »

Squeeeeee, altered beast~~~~

For reference:

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2009, 08:47:53 pm »
^If NP is to be believed, that was the game that came with the Genesis, am I correct?
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline HolyGGirl

• TSC: HolyG
  • winvista safari
  • got Jesus?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2009, 10:57:32 pm »
Reality / TSC
HolyG (seriously. There's a HolyG that's not me...)
What's the best dream you remember? (I know there's a topic for this, you can link a post of yours if need be).
Traveling
DsS and roots....
TSC Furries: Poisoning the site, bringing smiles and happiness to the site, or just more users?
Bringing smiles and happiness...as always!
Given one day as admin, what do you change around here?
The status quo
* iSketch

* Mafia

* SRB2
cliche
* Toulouse

What's your theory on DsS's skills? Genetic mutation, virus, disease, gift from God, result of the Vorlon touch, or something else? Is it (hopefully) communicable?
God's Gift...swift fingers...
Does Sonic Team has one foot in the grave, both feet in the grave, or is it rising from the grave as an undead? Or *gulp* is it wising fwom its gwave as some sort of Altered Beast? *shot*
rising
Hypotheticals
Fire Flower
Coolest "psychic" ability to wield at an unrealistic level: psychokinesis (telekinesis), pyrokinesis, cryokinesis, telepathy, empathy, etc.?
Prayer...it opens possibilities.
For those of you with a "fursona", or for those just answering for the lulz: your species, gender, and color are...? (I had to do it, sorry... I'm not appealing to a minority with this one anymore~)
feline, female, fushia
Cooler height to be for a day: 1cm (0.4") or 50m (164'), Square-Cube Law be damned?
12m
Blaze the Cat
Ditto
Coolest Halloween monster to be? (Use traditional definitions, not Twilight definitions)
A squirrel
Sonic Rush
Franco
[/quote]
Lol...SMILE!!! yay! finally in the green for Rush! :D

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2009, 05:11:16 am »
SA2Bisawesome - SAR on GFAQs

I never really remember a dream <_<

Paragod. And then there's Brian and his brother who I talk to sometimes. Also Jawzun. And SM in several topics in GFAQs.

More users

It's fine as it is.

* iSketch

* Mafia

* SRB2

* Toulouse
I have no opinion on those..

What's your theory on DsS's skills? Genetic mutation, virus, disease, gift from God, result of the Vorlon touch, or something else? Is it (hopefully) communicable?
Gift from God. A lot of people here have that (Brian -> SA2 etc.), but he's just an all-rounder able to take pretty much every championship that isn't SA2.

Swining on a pole.

Hypotheticals
Super Leaf

Coolest "psychic" ability to wield at an unrealistic level: psychokinesis (telekinesis), pyrokinesis, cryokinesis, telepathy, empathy, etc.?
Psychokinesis

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

Salamence

I..don't know <_<

1. SU360
2. SA2:B

Probably Jawzun or Brian/Cort, so I'd finally have a worthy 2P opponent in SA2:B!

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline Cort

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2009, 09:20:13 am »
Reality / TSC

HolyGG, POT, Paragod, DsS, Franco, Brian_pso, Shadow jack, Son1cgu1tar

was playing Guitar alongside the best guitarists in the world (this includes also Senoue Jun)

My Brother Brian, Son1cgu1tar, Franco, POT

always bringing smiles and happiness to the site

change so much that is difficult to mention here now

I don't know <.<

gift from God, swift fingers, patience to do your times on TSC!!! but we must not only see the DSS but other great players eg Jawzun with his record of Emerald Coast! Paragod with his insane record of City Escape! Pot at the Final Rush records, we can not also forget to Brian, who arrived in the TSC did not know anything and has a great recorder and also the Green Forest. Another major player is the YoshiFan that has the Championship SA2B just playing the GC! SM also not want to leave! and especially find bugs in SA2 (DC) Frankoredstrato also another great player on SU/ps2

RISING

Hypotheticals

Fire Flower

Prayer...it opens possibilities.

1cm

Shadow the hedgehog or Espio the Chamaleon

Flareon

A squirrel

Me too

Sa2B, SU360, Sonic3&Knuckles

HolyGG, POT, Paragod,  Franco, DsS, Brian_pso, Shadow jack, Son1cgu1tar

Offline Alondite

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2009, 01:03:09 pm »
I find it highly amusing that people legitimately think that Sonic Team is rising, also it's obvious who the newer Sonic fans are heh.

Offline HolyGGirl

• TSC: HolyG
  • winvista safari
  • got Jesus?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2009, 04:32:57 pm »
nothing wrong with thinking Sonic team is rising...some of you might join them someday and you can fix everything.
Lol...SMILE!!! yay! finally in the green for Rush! :D

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2009, 04:41:29 pm »
nah if I joined sonic team I would just make it worse

Offline Alondite

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2009, 05:57:02 pm »
Well, considering that Sonic Team's recent games are among the worst they have every produced (or that ANY team has produced for that matter), I wouldn't say they are rising. The quality of the main Sonic releases has declined steadily over the last decade or so, coming to an all time low with Black Knight, which essentially is a compilation of design flaws.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 10:57:41 pm by Alondite »

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2009, 09:14:19 am »
Why haven't I done this?

--------

Reality / TSC
I'd probably say Zephyr.

Can't remember.

Er... everyone?  I dunno, I suck at specifics.

As long as they don't act ridiculous.

I don't think there's anything that really needs to be changed.

* iSketch

Fun.

* Mafia
Fun, but a bit stress-inducing.  That's why I've refrained from playing it recently.

* SRB2
Kinda fun, haven't played it in ages.

* Toulouse
Too loose.  Never played it.

He's a freak of nature.  How else can he survive over 1000 bullets?

Dunno, too lenient a judge to notice.

Hypotheticals
Fire Flower

Definitely telekinesis.

Don't know, don't care.  Probably something cat-ish

164'  Now if you don't mind I'm gonna try to take on Godzilla.  With bullets.

If I were a girl I'd probably pick Amy.  I'm not, so... dunno.

Taillow!  Or sneasel.

Wolfman/Werewolf I guess?  I never was that fond of halloween monsters.

I dunno.  Gunstar Heroes?  WELCOME TO THE DICE MAZE!

Never.  I live my own life.
Hi

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2009, 12:00:58 am »
Reality / TSC
Konkey Dong was pretty good... Victorious Secret is a cool name.... AxelSlam is cool cuz it's both Axel Slam and Axe Islam.....
one time i did this pretty hot chick.....
iono, whoever's on #soniccenter.
more users
i'd fix the old pages like the "you can't submit videos" page to be updated. and the manuals page. rofl.
* iSketch
dumb
* Mafia
dumb
* SRB2
too lazy to do it.
* Toulouse
i don't even know what that is :(
prolly bs.
sonic team sucks lol.
Hypotheticals
super leaf
cryo, duh, it's 'cool'
i do not have one.
50m
umm rouge....? o.O knux is pretty cool i guess too
Gengar! ^__^
Swamp Thing
probably one of the playboy video games?
i dont know prolly mike89 or something. likely someone from a different country, so i could maybe learn more about a different culture, rather than just have their skills & house for a day.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2009, 07:24:52 am »
Reality / TSC
What's the coolest screen name you've seen on the Internet that isn't yours?Paraxade definately.

I can't remember :(

Who do you talk to / hang with most on TSC
I don't talk a lot on IRC but I talk to quite a few people such as SonicAD, mike, Zeupar, Zeph (Not if I stop you >:O), Umbreon, Cruizer, DSS, FKE, Koshi if she's about and werster if he's about too.

Definately bringing smiles and happiness to the site. Whenever they've been online they always make me laugh :)

Sort out the S06 charts and have S06 DLC separated from the actual S06 like we have for SU. Also anything else that needs sorting out :)

* iSketch
Never played it >_>

* Mafia
Never played it >_>

* SRB2
Never played it >_>

* Toulouse
Never played it >_>

No idea but but can I borrow it please? :(

Sonic Team were great in the beginning but I think it sort of went down hill at around StH imo. When I found out that there were going to be guns in it, my immediate thought was 'Is that going to work?' O_o Didn't stop me from buying it but when I play it I only use the guns about 10% of the time :P

Hypotheticals
Super Leaf :D

Telekinesis of course. I would love have to have that and I wouldn't have to touch a control pad ever again :D

I am not answering for the lulz.

50m so I can be tall for once >:O

Tails obviously since my name is a bit of a giveaway >_> I would love to fly around ^_^

The only pokemon I know is pikachu I don't know anything about pokemon :(

Since I'm a girl I suppose I would be have to a black cat. I have no imagination ok >_>

Well the only game I mostly play is Sonic so >_>

Well you saw my answer to the cooler height question so it would have to someone tall like mike, werster or cruizer so I can see what's it like to be tall :P

Print

Hits: 1,257 | Hits This Month: 6 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.31 MB | Time: 0.24s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.