don't click here

Sonic Nitro Adventure Summer Demo Release

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Nitro Adventure Summer Demo Release  (Read 12427 times)

Sonic Nitro Adventure Summer Demo Release
« on: August 20, 2009, 05:40:01 pm »
Well I decided to make a new demo which has a lot of new things.

Characters - Sonic Tails Amy and Shadow, They each have their own ability's and the stage is slightly changed so it makes use of the characters ability's.

Other Things - It features menu's and one mini game, The mini game is Street Boarding where you have to press a button on a ramp to do a trick and it gives you some score, Sometimes if you don't you die, And there are still some bugs in the game but their all tiny ones, I also changed the background for Bayside Harbor, I made the graphics much better.

Controls - Well you need to know this, Press enter to pause, Use the arrows to move and Z to jump, Press down to crouch and while crouching press Z to use spin dash and press down while moving to roll, Press X in the air to use Quit Spin which is very useful at times especially for Tails's fly.

Sonic's Controls - Press Z while in air to use the homing attack, If there are no enemy's around and you press Z while jumping you use Jump Dash, Press X On ground to use Spin Attack.

Tails's Controls - Press Z while jumping to use fly and you go up then go down real slow, Press it again you go up but tire out, The fly is based like Sonic Adventure's, Press X on ground to use Tail Whip.

Amy's Controls - Press Z while jumping to use double jump, It's kinda powerful,  Press X on ground to use Hammer Attack.

Shadow's Controls - Same Controls as Sonic, Though his physics are changed,  And his Homing/Jump Dash is changed big time too.

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teVcS9uIuJk

Download Link - http://www.sendspace.com/file/umh3o6

Please reply and tell me what you think.

Offline Luxray

Re: Sonic Nitro Adventure Summer Demo Release
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 12:22:49 am »
Hmm..not that bad. A few strange things i noticed though..

- Gaining 5 points for every ring obtained. No points given for destroying enemies/combos
- Tails flight motion is very limited.
- Spindash....oh god its Rivals all over again D:
- The minigame is a bit much. I can't seem to get past the P jump for some reason..even when I'm jumping at the very last second.
- The minigame requires me to press a button within half a second. The only way i cuold progress was to memorize the ones i failed at.

Its a very well put together game/concept and i wouldn't mind seeing another demo/build.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 08:33:41 am »
That's the idea for the mini game, I have an X-Treme mini game planned.

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 02:09:48 pm »
I haven't been here for quite some time. I have recently rereleased the 2009 SNA summer demo:

Demo download link is in the description.

Print

Hits: 503 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 992.38 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.