Mario Central > Leaderboard Disputes

i call suspicion on llcooldave

<< < (2/2)

Talon:
Ok, it took me a while (About an hour) but i managed 257 with a fast way to defeat the hammer brother near the end. I used an emulator this time since i only have PAL version of the SNES, but i used no slowdowns, savestates or power-ups at the beginning. So it is possible to get 257. We still need to see some proof though

LLCoolDave:
I can't really give any form of proof because all these scores are from the end of 2003. I definitely did not use powerups or savestates, because those were the rules of our competition back then as well, but I really don't recall how I did the level after over 5 years, and there's a non-zero chance the number I wrote down is wrong. Here's the list I got from back then: http://thps3.net/LLCD_MTA.txt
I may have a couple of emulator replay files I recorded back then, but they probably are on a HDD burried deep somewhere in the basement, so no real chance of finding them. If anything seems particularly suspicious, I won't object removing the scores. I can't absolutely guarantee or proof the integrity of them, so all you really have is my word that I took good care on maintainig that score list years ago.

Talon:
I know how to get 257 and you seem like a good player, so you might get to keep those scores, just ask yoshifan or ieatatsonic to see if they will allow you.

yoshifan:
I just played Gnarly myself, and I agree that a time of 257 or better should be doable.  I got 260 on the GBA version (which isn't allowed for competition, but should only have fairly small differences).

Anyway, I think all suspicions are cleared here for now, so no proof will be needed.

ieatatsonic:
Okay, That sounds reasonable. It didn't seem right, but since you got 260 on the GBA, I guess it is possible. I never really knew how I got mine, so maybe if I knew I could improve.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version