Mario Central > Leaderboard Disputes

Attn: Yoshifan; Cort_PSO's false #1 score on Mario vs Donkey Kong

<< < (2/3) > >>

yoshifan:
I don't personally know how tough 30900 is, but I'm inclined to take your word for it, as I've played the game a lot as well.

I've asked Cort to replay the level and then submit the score that he gets; that should be enough.

Cort:

--- Quote from: Prenz on December 21, 2009, 11:37:39 pm ---Cort, I don't think you achieved 30,900 on 4-1.  I'd officially like to see proof if that is something that is done at the Mario Center... otherwise please erase the score.

Thanks for the welcome and sorry about the topic, but scores should be honest and real here I believe.

--- End quote ---

I hope this is more than enough

Prenz:
Um, no.  A picture with the GameBoy Advance (or GBA SP, or DS) clearly visible would be enough.  Not an emulator.  I think this needs further investigation, I don't believe you achieved this score fairly on a Game Boy.

There is a very complex and detailed strat that requires masterful execution for this score.  That is why I am not inclined to believe you.  You posted an impossibly high score before this, of 31,950, with a comment "That was close!".  Then you just changed your score to mine, from what I can tell.

yoshifan:
Prenz, the Mario Center (and the greater Sonic Center) allows playing on an emulator.  This is partly for greater accessibility of the older games such as the original Super Mario Bros. series, but it's also because we're more lax about proof compared to sites like Cyberscore.  Every competition site has a balance of strictness and accessibility, and ours leans more toward accessibility.

I'm not saying that an emulator picture should remove all doubts, but it's a reasonable display of good faith.  Considering that only one record is in question (and it's not even untied), I don't see much point in pressing further for now.

In other words, Cort's scores will not be removed.  I hope you understand my decision; please let me know if there are any other problems.

Prenz:
I do think there was foul play here, that's the only thing.  Cort changed his score to 30,900 just moments after he came online and saw the thread saying 31,950 was impossible.  It took packattack and I months of battling to figure out that 4-1 could go so high as 30,900.  It cannot likely be achieved in an instant of trying, being realistic now.

Cort could easily properly prove that score by letting you serve as a moderator in the issue, and describing his strategy to you, as someone very familiar with the inner workings of the game.  If his strategy is indeed a WR strategy, which I or packattack could confirm, then I hold my head in shame for this mistake.

However, I believe someone is taking a free ride on my score.  I guess it's no big deal, I won't push it further...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version