don't click here

About my score on Scrap Brain 1 (S1GG)

Print

Author Topic: About my score on Scrap Brain 1 (S1GG)  (Read 5639 times)

Offline flying fox

About my score on Scrap Brain 1 (S1GG)
« on: March 21, 2010, 08:47:23 am »
http://www.soniccenter.org/rankings/sonic_1_gg/scores/scrap_brain_1

Score Divisions
Scores must be attained in a single continuous run (without deaths).

Sorry if I sound like a total noob but I get easily confused and at the time I thought it was ok but now I'm not sure :( In my run for this I started out in the beginning with a score of 106,300. I then proceeded to the switch to hit it so that the bar will automatically open next time I approach it. By doing this I will have a bit more time to collect an extra ring which is how I got 100 more points than the previous record. Anyway, in that run I avoided the enemies and the monitor so that way I didn't get any extra points. I died at one those lightning spheres and then died again right at the start so I can get the extra 10 rings from the signpost. Then I did the full run without dying.

Before the time and ring bonus was added I got 116,700 so that would be 10k from the signpost, 400 points from 3 enemies and the monitor. I didn't get any extra points in the previous runs. At the end of my run I got 153,500 so subtract that from 106,300 you will get 47,200.

Now from that I would say it was legit but I'm not an admin and I would like to make sure this was legit as pretty soon as I will be recording a video of this to on TSC. There is a mmv of it on the randon giz topic so you can watch it to make sure.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
Re: About my score on Scrap Brain 1 (S1GG)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 10:27:16 am »
So you set yourself up for easy points on your previous lives to gain a score record in your final life? It's hard to track, but it's legit. The precedent here is Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure scores: you can perform stunts to maximize your trick bonus, then die and restart the level without losing it, and since the bonus isn't counted until the end of the level, the points technically aren't counted from the start of the final life used.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Print

Hits: 838 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 991.77 KB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.