don't click here

Sonic 3 & Knuckles rankings?

Print

Author Topic: Sonic 3 & Knuckles rankings?  (Read 9454 times)

Sonic 3 & Knuckles rankings?
« on: April 15, 2010, 01:34:38 pm »
I'm just curious if there could be a Sonic 3 & Knuckles ranking that combines points/charts from both games. Obviously, this wouldn't affect sitewide rankings or rankings of the games separately.

juuuust wondering. could promote competition in both games by encouraging those who compete in one more heavily (I.e. everyone but fuzzerd, thorn, eredani, and mike89).

what do ppl think...? 

Offline FuzZerd

Re: Sonic 3 & Knuckles rankings?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 04:23:29 pm »
I highly support this idea, and maybe even the idea of lumping together all of s1-s3k.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 04:28:23 pm »
perhaps clarify your idea?  If you were to lump the two together in any sort of form it would change the dynamics of the chart...
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 04:50:10 pm »
* Spinballwizard appear out of nowhere

It'd affect a few charts rules-wise... LB2 S/T (clock stopping after first boss in S3K but not S3, so not much, but yeah) and MH1 S/K (added length in the beginning obviously) for sure. I'm personally fine with keeping them separate, though I see the logic of combining them considering they're essentially one game.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 05:40:38 pm »
the two games would stay separate. there would simply be another ranking (soniccenter.org/rankings/sonic_3_&_knuckles) page that would combine the charts of the two games.
It would not affect competition in levels or games at all. Differences such as Mushroom Hill or Icecap Zone would be seen as "version differences" and be allowed, of course.
It kinda seems like you guys didn't read my post... this wouldn't affect the separate games at all, nor would it the sitewide rankings.

Offline Luxray

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 05:56:33 am »
^Hey why not make one for all the games to see what it would look like!

Seriously, Thorn would be top of that chart :|

If anyone is having difficulty reading, SB wants a chart page that:

1) Doesn't contribute to sitewides or site champions at all
2) Combines the Time/Score/Ring/etc Charts of the two games and ranks everyone accordingly, as though it were a separate game chart.
3) Is almost for the purpose of just curiosity.

Thats what i got from it anyway :/
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 08:45:09 am »
Yes, the purpose is mostly curiosity. I do believe such a ranking could potentially increase the amount of competition in both games, though, as many people compete almost exclusively in one or the other (I myself am guilty of this) and having a ranking of them together could make people go like "whoa, I need to compete in ___"
I obviously don't have evidence for what would happen in such a what if situation, but yeah. Just an idea.

Offline Telnaior

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 11:09:42 pm »
Implementing this would mean needing a new type of chart.
So if they use this idea to lump both charts together, why not categorise full games like this?
So for example, one for S1-S3K, one for Sadv1-Sadv3, one for SA1-SA2, etc.
If they do put in this sort of "category" chart, they'd have no reason to stop at just S3K.
That said, it's unlikely that it'll happen...

Offline Luxray

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 11:13:49 pm »
^Well actually if they do that then you could add new awards, or "crowns" as i'm coining it, for a player getting the championships across a series.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 12:05:47 am »
except Sonic 3 & Knuckles is considered by many to be one game released in two parts, while the same doesn't apply to any of the groups you listed Emerl. that's the only reason this idea came up to begin with

Offline Luxray

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 12:45:50 am »
^Perhaps this could also be furthered to future episodes of sonic 4?
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 08:10:38 am »
I still remember when we were whispering around a lunch table about sonic 3, part 2...

but eh, if anyone does it, I'm certainly not opposed to seeing it together.
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 06:53:36 am »
:(

Print

Hits: 1,099 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.06 MB | Time: 0.07s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.