Mario Welcome Center > Mario News

Super Mario Galaxy 2

(1/4) > >>

yoshifan:
Well, I hear that this game might be coming out pretty soon, so here's a hype topic!  If you haven't been following, it's out in the US on May 23.  Official gameplay footage can be found here.

And yes, there's been talk of adding 3D games to TMC before; I think the main reason it hasn't happened is laziness.  In the meantime, I think some Galaxy 1 charts are in order - it'd be a bit awkward to add Galaxy 2 before 1.  I'll leave the coin charts alone for the moment, as I don't know whether people wanted to have one coin chart per galaxy or per star.  That's something worth discussing for Galaxy 2, as well, when people get to play it.

EDIT: Galaxy 1 times charts are up.  Discussion for coin charts (per galaxy vs. per star) is welcome.

*EDIT 2*: Galaxy 2 charts... are up!
Still have to decide between level or division totals, though.  Also, game-completion-time charts will be added in the future.

Cream147:
Important news about Mario Galaxy 2, it appears to show you the time it took you to complete the level at the end of each level, as shown in a Gamespot playthrough of the first level. I would assume that it will save these times for each level, and store your best. If that really is the case, then we can expect Super Mario Galaxy 2 to be a great game to compete on. This was one change I was really hoping would happen from the first game and Nintendo have read my mind.

(The accuracy the time was shown to was centiseconds, so it has the potential to be very competitive)

Thorn:
Because I love you guys, here's the breakdown on the number of missions for Times... and those are the important rankings, clearly.~ Pretty much all levels are legit for tracking, really... there's a few cases where you speedrun an existing level, but they have a tendency to change one or two level attributes to screw with you, and even if they don't, checkpoints might be removed. There's no need to track timed mini games separately, since they get utilized in the main mission times. Score-based mini-games do exist, but I'll let somebody else worry about those. All times break down to centiseconds.

Spoilers, of course... don't be thick, that much should be obvious. >_>

Sky Station: 3
Yoshi Star: 3
Spin-Dig: 3
Fluffy Bluff: 3
Flip-Swap: 2
Rightside Down: 2
Bowser Jr.'s Fiery Flotilla: 2

Puzzle Plank: 3
Hightail Falls: 3
Boulder Bowl: 3
Cosmic Cove: 3
Wild Glide: 2
Honeybloom: 2
Bowser's Lava Lair: 2

Tall Trunk: 3
Cloudy Court: 3
Haunty Halls: 3
Freezy Flake: 3
Rolling Masterpiece: 2
Beat Block: 2
Bowser Jr.'s Fearsome Fleet: 2

Supermassive: 3
Flipsville: 3
Starshine Beach: 3
Chompworks: 3
Sweet Mystery: 2
Honeyhop: 2
Bowser's Gravity Gauntlet: 2

Space Storm: 3
Slipsand: 3
Shiverburn: 3
Boo Moon: 3
Upside Dizzy: 2
Fleet Glide: 2
Bowser Jr.'s Boom Bunker: 2

Melty Monster: 3
Clockwork Ruins: 3
Throwback: 3
Battle Belt: 3
Flash Black: 2
Slimy Spring: 2
Bowser's Galaxy Generator: 2

Mario Squared: 2
Rolling Coaster: 2
Twisty Trials: 2
Stone Cyclone: 2
Boss Blitz: 2
Flip-Out: 2
Grandmaster: 2

Now, here's where the fun begins. You can of course have divisions of Star 1, 2, and 3 to keep things organized (although if somebody skips a star, it might change their charts around). But with the exception of Grandmaster, for every Star you have, there needs to be a similarly numbered Green Star division. This leads to 242 submissions... and if TMC wants separate character divisions (which I would advise against doing given that only one time saves per mission),  you can double that.

yoshifan:
Thanks for the information, Thorn.  I suppose I don't understand enough about how the game works to decide on categories and divisions (given that I haven't gotten the chance to play yet), so I'll leave it to you guys to discuss for now.  It is definitely exciting that there's a saved time for every star, though.

Miles9999:
1. Leaving out Fluzzard races would be stupid.

2. Why number the stars instead of using the names the game provides?

Also the game sends the completion time to the Wii Message Board when you beat the game/collect every star, so there should be two additional charts for those.

And SS charts! *shot*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version