don't click here

WB Etch!

Print

Author Topic: WB Etch!  (Read 5612 times)

Offline SpanielWare

• One can dream of a new Sega console, can't they?
  • TSC: danieldude
  • win10 chrome
  • "Better behave yourselves..."
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
WB Etch!
« on: March 28, 2012, 12:37:08 pm »
Welcome back Etch! After 3 years of absence you have returned (and already) broken 2 new records in Sonic R! So keep up the awesomeness, and hopefully you'll break some more Sonic R records in the future!
StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

<Starlight_Glimmer> i dont make the news I just report it

Offline Etch

Re: WB Etch!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 01:20:38 am »
Thanks!

Nice to be back here.  Not sure what possessed me to fire this game up again but I felt like I had unfinished business because only a few of my times are fully optimized.  Bit of a luck factor involved but lady luck has been shining down on me.

Might as well drop the videos here!

RR - 25"83 gp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX_EpwBfzuE

RF - 19"60 gp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDsVN9qOIao

And here is one I just got tonight!

RC - 19"20 gp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE2dTjaUlg8

I'll keep posting videos there when I get around to it.  After I get tired of Sonic R again, I might dust off my genesis and I see how I stack up against the big boys here.

Offline SpanielWare

• win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 02:18:02 pm »
Nice videos! It would be cool to see some stats from you for the Genesis games, but for now good luck with Sonic R (Lady luck, baby! Hot-cha!)
StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

Offline SpanielWare

• win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 11:29:40 am »
3 new records!
*in SAdv3 style* Congratulations!

Offline Etch

Re: Sonic R Expanded?!?
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 05:39:17 pm »
I've been busy filling out the new charts on cyberscore.
http://www.cyberscore.me.uk/games/1025

With 10 characters, 5 tracks, and 8 records each that makes out to 400 individual times.

About a quarter of the way there now. x_x

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 02:26:14 pm »
I was going to make a Sanic Arr topic to ask this but this thread seems good enough :P

Basically I just wanted to ask if you could elaborate on how to break OoB in the tracks besides RC? And also does RC - TA Reverse OoB work the same way as it does going forwards?

I know you posted videos of the replays, but they're basically useless for working out what you did, apart from RC :P
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Etch

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 02:43:09 am »
Just submitted a couple live videos.

RC - The break OoB with Amy works the same way in GP, TA, and RV.  You just wiggle in the corner of the starting gate and track and hit the boost.  Eventually you break through but it doesn't always happen right away or on the first try.  You can see how this works in my 20"60 with Amy.

RF - The break OoB with Amy & Super Sonic works the same way in GP, TA, and RV.  You just wiggle in the corner of that area and eventually you just walk right through.  You can see how this works in my 24"63 with Amy.  What you can't see in my replay of my 19"60 with Super Sonic is that I just walk through the wall leading up to the normal break OoB spot.  This is the wall I am boosting against with Amy in my 24"63.  It doesn't happen very often which is one of the frustrating parts of this game.

RR - The break OoB with Super Sonic works the same way in GP, TA, and RV.  Just a matter of timing the double jump and angle in which you approach the track.  My live 26"53 better demonstrates how this works as opposed to my 25"83 replay.

RI works just like RF, wiggle between the rock and fence near the start and eventually you walk through.

RE GP & TA 3laps work just like RC.  You wiggle in front of the gate to the right and hit the boost to break out.  Only downside is that you have to break OoB 3 times (once per lap) so to do it quickly means insane luck.  The RV 3lap and flaps here are special cases and those are probably better seen than read.

I've discovered a ton of new ways to break OoB with other characters which is why I beat my RR flaps tonight.

So yea, more videos on the way! xp

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 02:46:31 am »
Thanks for the info!

Edit: Breaking out of RI is REALLY easy, but I can't work out how to fool the lap counter :(

Edit2: nvm lol, just got RR and most of RE to hax, but I figure I'd wait with RR as you broke it with Amy, and it's really easy to get OoB with her >_>
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 04:23:58 pm by Mr. Freeze »
Did you not think I had a mind?

Print

Hits: 267 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.01 MB | Time: 0.16s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.