don't click here

Unbanning Team Blast Glitch

Print

Author Topic: Unbanning Team Blast Glitch  (Read 13847 times)

Offline Parax

Unbanning Team Blast Glitch
« on: August 04, 2012, 04:10:54 pm »
I propose we unban the Team Blast Glitch.

The subject has come up several times in IRC lately and no one seems to know why it's banned outside Team Dark times. In any case, there doesn't seem to be a good reason to keep this rule around. Any objections?

Offline Gpro

• TSC: Gamepro011
  • win10 firefox
  • It's okay; don't worry about it
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Unbanning Team Blast Glitch
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 07:15:09 pm »
I would say that it kind of defeats the purpose of running through the level and needing level ups in order to clear certain enemies, plus Team Rose being able to level up and get Speed shoes AND invincibility throughout most of the levels. It's obvious why Team Dark's levels would be stupid and effortless to run in levels. Then there's Robot Storm and Robot Carnival, and most of the other bosses just being destroyed too easily for my tastes.
Although these are just opinions, considering the use of the Team Blast glitch being too versatile, I'd hardly agree to allowing it. Sure, there are other games with tricks that are versatile, but this one tips the scale a bit too much, I believe. I say it should stay as it is

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 09:45:59 pm »
Removing it would be okay in my opinion. Also Team Dark would probably give you more work than a run without the TBG. YOu'd have to stop every 10 seconds or however long it takes for the bar to go down just to fill the bar and repeat it all over again. Not to mention failures

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 10:33:35 pm »
Dear lord I didn't even know that was banned. Yes haha get rid of it wtf XD

Offline SqwareEcks

• Always a day late and a buck short
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 01:41:08 am »
I vote remove it as well.

Alternative: If people think it makes team Dark and Rose levels too broken, maybe just unban it for Sonic and Chaotix since it's not nearly as abuse-able for them? If memory serves me it's already allowed for Chaotix ring stats.
My life needs a rewind/erase button.
-Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline Gpro

• win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 12:18:08 pm »
I'd be more for keeping it away from Team Rose and Dark, for sure, but I still disagree with allowing it in TA charts at all.
If I were to settle with anything, leave it out of Bosses in general, and everything else for Dark and Rose(including Extras). For Sonic's Extra, I'd also be iffy on it, but it would be very useful at times, but it isn't necessarily too game breaking. I really don't know what else to cover, other than keep it out of Bosses.

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 12:27:57 pm »
I'd be more for keeping it away from Team Rose and Dark, for sure

For Team Rose, does the speed you get after using TB make up for having to slow down and use TBG a few times?

Offline Gpro

• win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 01:14:41 pm »
Most likely, yes, also considering level ups, invincibility, and destroying enemies. It'd take about 5 seconds or so to get a full Team Blast Gauge if I remember correctly. Add that with extra speed for flying as Cream and running as Big and Amy, yeah, it'd be faster, most likely

Offline Ajavalo

• I'm rolling around at the speed of sound!
  • TSC: afolita
  • win7 msie10
  • Hahahaha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 03:40:08 pm »
After reading ShadowJacky's description of the glitch at SDA, that it greatly fucks up the game (especially Team Dark, Team Rose and bosses), allowing it would be a sin. It's much more harmful than similar banned glitches such as the second rule of SA2.
Sonic tiene que acabar mareadito con las carreras que se pega! No sé cómo no pota! x.x

Offline SonicxD05

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 02:51:20 pm »
As i've seen on Cyberscore, the top record for Seaside Hill Dark Is 1:46:xx.

Certainly if this was allowed you'd expect those times. It doesn't have much of an effect on Team Sonic, right? I Know that Team Rose get a level up, and speed shoes. And for Chaotix it just makes ring runs faster, if not it'd take a LONG time.

To me, the use of it in Team Dark stages shouldn't be allowed. But its effect on other teams, why not?

Maybe my opinion doesn't match, but just my honest opinion >_>

Offline Zip

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 06:13:45 pm »
I guess it depends :0

If it can be performed in all versions.

Like. im so annoyed i cant perform the best glitches on the DX version of Sonic adventure |:I
and they allow them here so i don't even feel like trying to compete in that game...

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 06:24:47 pm »
In my opinion, it should be unbanned for all teams.  With Team Dark, it's essentially the same as the timestop glitches in other games.

Offline SonicxD05

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 06:31:39 pm »
I agree with Groudon.
Unbanning it for all teams is essential. Team Dark doesn't really make a difference. Just stopping to refill it, but you more or less you'd come close to your time (If you are good at TA'ing ;))

Offline Gpro

• win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 11:31:19 am »
The big thing about Team Dark is that you could refill the Team Blast Gauge while the time is stopped, AND you could get quite a bit of distance before time starts back up. That's just too breaking, in my opinion. You should at least have some effort put into runs.

Offline theultimategamer95

• Your typical speed runner
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • I am the ultimate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 06:10:16 am »
I think it should be unbanned for all teams other than team dark
My Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/theultimategamer95

My PSN = greatgamer83

My Skype = theultimategamer95

Offline yoshifan

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 01:29:42 pm »
I don't know, but it sounds like people have very different ideas about how game-breaking or tedious (or not) Team Blast Glitch would be to use.  If someone could make a video showing the Team Blast Glitch pushed to near its limits, that could clear things up a lot.  Surely if people are willing to allow TBG, someone must be able to make a demonstration of it, right?

The most relevant team for a video demonstration would be Team Dark, although it sounds like Team Rose and one of the other two teams would also be good to show for comparison.

Print

Hits: 1,063 | Hits This Month: 6 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.14 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.