don't click here

Race Night 24: Sonic 2 GG/MS

Print

Author Topic: Race Night 24: Sonic 2 GG/MS  (Read 8453 times)

Offline flying fox

Race Night 24: Sonic 2 GG/MS
« on: April 07, 2013, 07:25:37 am »
The next game is Sonic 2 8-bit. Looking at SRL, it looks like they're treating the game exactly the same as Sonic 1 8-bit, as in separating the two versions. Not only do we have to decide on a goal, but we'll have to decide on what version to use. Not many people know this game, so I'll explain what the version differences are and then you guys can decide on what version to use.

Here are the differences:
1) The Game Gear version has a lower screen resolution.
2) The Underground boss is more difficult due to the Game Gear's lower resolution. You can't see the bouncing balls coming from as far away as you would on the Master System. Plus the speed and bounce height of the balls is randomized in the Game Gear version.
3) The rising water in Aqua Lake 2 is missing from the Mater System version. So in the Master System version you'll be slightly faster in the beginning and end of the act.
4) The boss layout in Green Hills 3 is different. In the Game Gear version you are on a steeper hill, however because of the screen resolution he will be slightly faster than the Master System version. But this boss is a huge troll, so imo the Master System version would be better as you have more time to react to what he is doing.
5) The beginning in Gimmick Mountain 1 is slightly different. In the Game Gear version you have a spring, pretty much sending you to the top almost straight away. In the Master System version you have to use an extra spinner wheel. So the Master System version will cost a couple of extra seconds.
6) If deciding on all emeralds, you can't see the tubes and the escape chute while fighting Robotnik in Crystal Egg 3.

So there you have it, you can decide on which system is the best/easiest for you. The goals are:

1) Beat the game: 4
2) Beat the game with all emeralds

Version:
1) Game Gear
2) Master System: 4

As of reply #4

The voting will close on Saturday 12pm EDT. For those of you using an emulator, I can provide the savestate for level select on both versions if you want it. Once the version has been chosen I will attach the savestate onto my post
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 07:10:02 am by flying fox »

Offline SB737

Re: Race Night 24: Sonic 2 GG/MS
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 08:05:43 am »
gonna go for beat the game, on master system version :D
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline Proxima

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 08:45:29 am »
Ditto.

Offline Mastakirby

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 01:48:04 pm »
^ I'm cool with this.
Life is like a big bowl of animuu

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Offline Zorkiy

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 04:34:41 pm »
^ So am I.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 07:22:48 am »
[6:51:42 AM] HyperSonic7701: tomorrow's race, though, is all but locked up
[6:51:55 AM] HyperSonic7701: I'd close that now if I wanted to :V

Don't normally close the voting early but five (including me) people going with the same goal and version, plus less than 5 hours to go and the usual racers have already voted, might as well.I can't see a huge shift in votes happening. So we are using the MS version and the goal is to beat the game. Depending what is happening today, I will try and race tonight.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 07:36:29 am by flying fox »

Print

Hits: 328 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.02 MB | Time: 0.21s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.