don't click here

restarting messes up Hero Side Egg Golem's attack pattern?

Print

Author Topic: restarting messes up Hero Side Egg Golem's attack pattern?  (Read 7576 times)

Offline Nimrod

• TSC: Nim
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
restarting messes up Hero Side Egg Golem's attack pattern?
« on: September 18, 2014, 11:09:56 am »
http://youtu.be/61g6HODcjJ4

I don't know if this a new thing, but I noticed something weird while messing around with Egg Golem a bit.

I was trying if I could do any strat beside the really difficult superbounce one, and after some time I noticed I could just at the beginning, after skipping the intro cutscene, run around him and just make my first hit. After some tries I even started to manage to get more hits before he even started moving by using the stairs on his back in an efficient way (since they always disappear after you stepped on them once), until, what you can see in the video, I did all 5 hits before Egg Golem actually did any of his attacks or even moved.

A thing I noticed, apparently the time he stands still is dependent on how often you've already restarted and attempted to run around him like this. When you just started the boss for the first time, you won't even make it behind him before he moves. But the more restarts you do it takes more and more time until he finally starts moving.

It's still a lot slower than the superbounce strats, so it's not useful for Ils and since you apparently have to restart a lot until it works it's not useful for runs either, but I found this pretty interesting.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 11:16:08 am by Nimrod »

Offline RigidatoMS

• A big fan of SA2B
  • TSC: Omega Rafael Santos
  • win10 chrome
  • I used to be so childish years ago... I'm sorry.
    • View Profile
Re: restarting messes up Hero Side Egg Golem's attack pattern?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 02:12:15 pm »
That restarting trick is already known. If you restart 15 or more times, the Egg Golem won't attack you for some seconds.
My Youtube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl85g5j2ERbADAhTeiYVEOg
Discord: RigidatoMS#6257

Offline Nimrod

• TSC: Nim
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 02:33:02 pm »
ah alright, thanks! I would have been surprised if it wasn't known actually. I just wanted to share it because I've never heard of that before

Offline RigidatoMS

• A big fan of SA2B
  • TSC: Omega Rafael Santos
  • win10 chrome
  • I used to be so childish years ago... I'm sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 04:56:59 pm »
You're welcome! You can ask anything you want about this game.
My Youtube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl85g5j2ERbADAhTeiYVEOg
Discord: RigidatoMS#6257

Print

Hits: 992 | Hits This Month: 6 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 992.88 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.