don't click here

"That Kid" Discussion

Print

Author Topic: "That Kid" Discussion  (Read 12229 times)

Offline PvtCinnamonbun

"That Kid" Discussion
« on: October 21, 2014, 03:34:57 am »
For some reason the Sonic fanbase draws in some people who are absolutely bonkers. It's easy to meet these people online (hell, TSC has a lot of these people) but have you ever met any people who were really into Sonic in real life?

I've met two. Back at my boarding school (therapeutic so the kids were already kinda nuts) we had two kids who were really weird, even for that place. Justin and Hunter. These kids were on each other like white on rice. They never left each others' side. The first thing that you would notice about these kids is that they were Sonic the Hedgehog fans. Not the standard "liked the game as a kid" fans. Oh no. For these guys Sonic was a work that trounced the literary works of Tolkien and the plays of Shakespeare. Justin cried when Sonic 06 came out and he wasn't able to play it because our dorms didn't allow consoles. They talked about the franchise nonstop and a lot of their conversations were just quoting from the 3D Sonic. They had this dynamic roleplay going on where Justin would pretend he was Sonic and Hunter Tails (though later when they had a big fight Hunter decided he was Shadow and they would get into fist fights all the time). They'd do a bunch of stupid shit such as pretending they were characters in a new Sonic game that usually ended with one or both getting put into a therapeutic hold which is just a nice word for a locking tackle. Honestly neither was that bad alone but combined their polarity created a singularity of spergdom.

Offline Diamond

• Diamond in the sky
  • TSC Profile
  • iphone safari
  • "I never want to hear you say goodbye"
    • View Profile
Re: "That Kid" Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 02:53:48 pm »
That sounds absolutely hilarious.
No people I have ever met have been obsessed with Sonic; I only know one person who even TALKS about the series.
Retired from Colors DS.
nah jk I can't quit

Offline DGF

• WildCard Speedster
  • TSC: DarkGravityFlames
  • win10 chrome
  • Code S.O.L, Azure Grimrore ACTIVATE!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 04:40:15 pm »
Most People (Including Myself) are somewhat obsessed with the blue cancer known as Sonic. But i do know someone that tried to threaten someone for making indecent pictures of Tikal because they have claimed that They were married IRL. I go to college with this guy and all you have to do is just to glance at their room. because my god it spells deviant art and Reddit Sonic all over it. I'm generally afraid of the guy. Also, guy believed that he was actually sonic reincarnated. one night, i left my dorm room to wash my clothes and he was actually trying to "Spindash" down the hallway. this was three years ago
My Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9TztQrHz0nwzfSZZFoYOVA
PSN = ChaosKnight_56
Steam: TerumiTrueAzure

Championship(s) Held: Sonic Generations
Current Records: Overdrift Challenge , Terror from the Deep, Death egg robot (Hard), Vector's Mission

Offline CriticalCyd

• ~('w')~ ~('w')~ ~('w')~
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • =^● ⋏ ●^=
    • View Profile
    • My twitch stream
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 09:15:07 pm »
Not gonna lie, when I first read this topic I thought we were gonna shit talk Joshua aka The Kid ('w')

On topic though I've never met anyone irl that was that into Sonic. On one hand I'm glad that's the case as I it creeps me out, but it can also result in some great stories as you guys have already proven.
Speedrunning shenanigans =^● ⋏ ●^=

http://twitch.tv/CriticalCyd
http://youtube.com/CriticalCyd
http://twitter.com/CriticalCyd

Offline SqwareEcks

• Always a day late and a buck short
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 10:39:08 pm »
None of my friends, as far as I know, ever owned a Sega console, much less played Sonic; they were all strictly Nintendo and later Playstation. I was the only one. One of my friends did watch SatAM due to Sally having a "sexy voice", but I don't know that that reaches a "that kid" threshold. I went to high school at a school where you learned pretty quickly to hide any weird obsessions you had because the jocks and/or spoiled rich preppies wouldn't hesitate to use it as an excuse to beat you up, so I didn't really see kids in school talking about video games at all except for some guys organizing Goldeneye multiplayer parties. The fact that I didn't start making a serious effort to do anything other than play the games for fun until I was well into adulthood probably also had to do with my not encountering those who took it too seriously. There were a couple of crazy yaoi fangirls in my college anime club, but that's not really Sonic related.
My life needs a rewind/erase button.
-Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 11:30:36 pm »
Wait we're not here to shit talk about me? I am leaving >:C

Offline Mastakirby

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 07:58:57 pm »
Not gonna lie, when I first read this topic I thought we were gonna shit talk Joshua aka The Kid ('w')

This^^^

Also everyone I knew were mostly Mario or a Madden kids. On the other hand I was most likely considered "That Kid" when it came to Kirby and Sonic...my Kirby phase was probably the worst out of the two *Remembers the campaign he threw for the "Kirby for president" project he whipped up back in 7th grade*
Life is like a big bowl of animuu

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Print

Hits: 266 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.05 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.