don't click here

Huge "Get Yourself Speedrunning" Sonic 2 race on SRL on Saturday 31/1!

Print

Author Topic: Huge "Get Yourself Speedrunning" Sonic 2 race on SRL on Saturday 31/1!  (Read 7361 times)

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
Since AGDQ, SpeedRunsLive have been doing a series of introductory races to get new players interested in speedrunning. The third and final of these races is taking place on Saturday January 31, and is a full-game race of Sonic 2. Details here, but the relevant part is posted below:

Game: Sonic 2
Goal: Beat the game
When: Jan. 31st, 2pm EST / 7pm GMT
Goal clarification: Start on title screen, .done on screen fade to black after final boss.
Rules: No S&K cart. Zips allowed. Stage select allowed to return to your last stage.
Stage select: At the title screen, select Options. Highlight Sound Test then play the following music and sounds: 19, 65, 09 and 17. You will hear a ring-collecting sound for correct code entry. Then press START to return to the title screen. Highlight 1-Player, hold the A Button and press START.

The last two races in this series had 140 and 300 racers respectively, so this is probably going to be the biggest race of any Sonic game we've ever seen. Come and join in! You just have to be in the SpeedRunsLive IRC (server irc.speedrunslive.com, #speedrunslive) to join on race day.

See you there!

<3 Thorn.

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
Re: Huge "Get Yourself Speedrunning" Sonic 2 race on SRL on Saturday 31/1!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 09:05:57 pm »
If I didn't have so much gorram packing to do I'd be SO ON THIS. Even though I'm super out of practice and CN (and probably Metropolis) will probably murder me. (And OO if I can't do the spindashes right.)
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Print

Hits: 1,042 | Hits This Month: 6 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 987.01 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.