don't click here

What I want to do

Print

Author Topic: What I want to do  (Read 6302 times)

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
What I want to do
« on: March 30, 2016, 02:17:28 pm »
It's been many years since I've considered building my own site from the ground up. The last time I tried, I got lost and exhausted and decided to take a break. When I came back, I didn't want to make the excuse of laziness; so I made a rather tasteless prank -- and lost a very good friend or three in the process. The project died then and there.

I think this time, I'm just gonna pull up my big-boy britches and try to pull the process off myself. I realize this is a huge undertaking, and I'm going to have to somehow manage this, my boyfriend, and my awesome career all on one plate, but in truth this is how my life always has been. Anytime I've found myself against something I wanted to truly do, I sat down, laid the plans out, and worked day-in and day-out until it was accomplished. Those of you who know me from when I competed in S3/Rush know what I'm talking about, but it goes beyond that.

I've handcrafted several aspects of SCD's website before, and Strong Bad taught me quite a bit about using WordPress for sitecrafting. In my career, it's taken me many years to get where I am now, but it would not have been that way without lots of painful sacrifices to hobbies (such as this one).

I realize the backlash of making a post like this without a site to show for it is going to get tons of negative feedback. That's why I'm going to look at this every day from now on -- my daily reminder that time doesn't heal certain things. Only dedication and devotion do.

That's what I'm pledging to give today. I may not have anything to show right now, but I'm done timewarping to avoid problems. I'm going to do the same thing I've always done to solve my life's problems -- drill onward and onward until i make my own light at the end of the tunnel.

I hope I succeed.

Print

Hits: 289 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.01 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.