don't click here

Glitchless IL and SS runs

Print

Author Topic: Glitchless IL and SS runs  (Read 7067 times)

Offline Jacko

• TSC Profile
  • android chrome
  • I play Sonic fast. Mostly Shadow and 2D stuff.
    • View Profile
Glitchless IL and SS runs
« on: July 05, 2017, 10:31:35 pm »
I know some players don't like level wraps and other exploits in timed runs, and I'm not one of those players. (Unless we're talking about Shadow the Hedgehog. Chaos Control Glitch is too broken for my tastes.) But glitchless IL and single-segment runs would be interesting to watch in my opinion. It would give players who don't like breaking the game down to have some competition, and it wouldn't hurt to have some weird categories once in a while. As a Majora's Mask runner, Zelda certainly has those.

I, myself, love exploiting Sonic games, and video games in general. Level wraps have some interesting setups, especially the difficult ones. there are easy setups. (Oil Ocean 2, Metropolis 2) and some more difficult, but not too hard setups if your pausing method is consistent (Metropolis 3.)

Offline SB737

Re: Glitchless IL and SS runs
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 08:58:51 am »
As far as single segment competition goes, for some games Speedrun.com has glitchless categories for games where theres enough competition for that to work http://www.speedrun.com/sonic1#Beat_the_game

Its highly unlikely that you'll see glitchless charts on TSC though. So yeah if you'd like to see glitchless levels then watching single segments is your best bet :)
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Re: Glitchless IL and SS runs
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 11:06:30 am »
I just thought I would post here as a second on someone that would love to potentially see glitchless categories on this site eventually. I find the glitchless routes really fun. Oil Ocean Act 2 is actually one of my favorite glitchless. Not that it will happen but just seconding and hoping that maybe one day to have a glitchless category. Thanks!

Print

Hits: 420 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 999.98 KB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.