don't click here

The Easiest A Rank in SA2B

Poll

What, in your opinion, is the easiest A rank to get in SA2B? (Reply if you have different answer)

Iron Gate, 100 Rings
2 (11.1%)
Crazy Gadget, Find the Chao
0 (0%)
Cannon's Core, Reach the goal in 7 minutes
1 (5.6%)
Dry Lagoon, Find the Chao
3 (16.7%)
City Escape, Collect 100 rings
9 (50%)
Dry Lagoon, Clear Hard Mode
0 (0%)
Sand Ocean, Return to Hidden Base
0 (0%)
Pyramid Cave, 100 Rings
2 (11.1%)
Final Rush, Hurry to the Eclipse Cannon
0 (0%)
Final Chase, Hurry to the Eclipse Cannon
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Print

Author Topic: The Easiest A Rank in SA2B  (Read 33074 times)

Offline qubit

« on: September 02, 2004, 07:24:50 pm »
What, in your opinion, is the easiest A rank to get in SA2B?  I'll be checking this post often, so hurry up!!!  Reply to this post if you have a different answer.

Chao (pun intended),

theenglishman
Me: Do you find it odd that CF's top two loves rank last in his Bouncy rankings? x_x
mike89: yes. yes i do.
mike89: but then i find CF odd.
Me: so do I.

The odds of meeting a TSCer randomly on the street, at any given time anywhere in the world, is approximately 15,785,611 to 1 ... and growing.

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 12:02:31 pm »
.....and you didn't add 'other' as an option-why? Anyways, the easiest 'A' rank is 100% Iron Gate 1. For Shadow+Sonic it is City Escape 2, and for Rouge+Knuckles it is... I'd say.....Wild Canyon Chao mission.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 12:34:41 pm »
Easy things include Cannon's Core 2 (with the warp), Security Hall 3, Route 101 5 (which can't possibly be completed EXCEPT with A rank), Route 280 2 (using that trick), and Mad Space 2.

Oh wait, none of those are options.  Looks like we're doomed.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2004, 12:35:36 pm by SadisticMystic »

Offline qubit

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 07:57:55 pm »
What, in your opinion, is the easiest A rank to get in SA2B?  I'll be checking this post often, so hurry up!!!  Reply to this post if you have a different answer.

Chao (pun intended),

theenglishman
[snapback]4457[/snapback]

blueblaze:

thanx.  I apologize for not putting 'other' on the list.  I was just making the poll up at like 11 pm, so I was pretty sleepy.

Another thing: I was the only person who voted!!  I voted Iron Gate 100 rings, but decided that Dry Lagoon Chao was easier after I already voted.

One last thing: did you not read my description?  "Reply to this poll if you have another option."  Good going on reading it, but don't bring complaints.  PLEASE!!  I have enough low self-esteem as it is  :o

Chao,

theenglishman

p.s. One thing, I suck at this game and I'm stuck on Crazy Gadget (raucous laughter ensues from blueblaze's mouth).  You know when Eggman says, "Well done Sonic, but you'll never leave this room alive!! Mwahahahaaa!"  can you give me a suggestion or two?

p.p.s.  Kart racing times on tsc, yes or no?
Me: Do you find it odd that CF's top two loves rank last in his Bouncy rankings? x_x

The odds of meeting a TSCer randomly on the street, at any given time anywhere in the world, is approximately 15,785,611 to 1 ... and growing.

Offline qubit

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 08:02:18 pm »
From SadisticMystic:

"Easy things include Cannon's Core 2 (with the warp), Security Hall 3, Route 101 5 (which can't possibly be completed EXCEPT with A rank), Route 280 2 (using that trick), and Mad Space 2.

Oh wait, none of those are options. Looks like we're doomed. "

Thank you, SM, for your options.  I was quite limited by the 10-Option Poll, so unfortunately we are all screwed.  I've never played Cannon's Core, never tried, never even got that far (hilarious laughter from Cybrax or some other grandmaster).  In fact, I'm stuck at Crazy Gadget (more laughter).  Thanks again for the reply.

Chao,

theenglishman

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 08:25:31 pm »
In the drop-down submission menu, instead of Times, choose Races.  Poof, kart times on TSC.  Just like you asked.

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2004, 05:31:31 am »
I still don't know the trick for CC2. Or for Route 280 rings.  :(

But Wild Canyon Chao... that's just easy-pwn.
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2004, 06:54:22 am »
Easiest for me was Death Chamber Mission 1, first level I A'ed.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline qubit

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2004, 12:11:53 pm »
From SadisticMystic:
"In the drop-down submission menu, instead of Times, choose Races. Poof, kart times on TSC. Just like you asked."

Thx.  btw, how is 1:56:82 for Beginner Kart (with Sonic)?

Chao,

theenglishman

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2004, 12:42:39 pm »
Thx.  btw, how is 1:56:82 for Beginner Kart (with Sonic)?

Chao,

theenglishman
[snapback]4487[/snapback]

Why not submit it and find out.  And you can use the Reply button below a message instead of copying and pasting.

Offline qubit

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2004, 09:49:54 am »
[/quote]

Why not submit it and find out.  And you can use the Reply button below a message instead of copying and pasting.
[snapback]4488[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks, I suck, 23/29, blueblaze in front with 1:35:23 (how does he DO it???  FUCK!)

Chao,

theenglishman

Offline qubit

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2004, 09:52:20 am »
Oh, SadisticMystic, one thing.  SuperSonic101 once told me that if you die, the most you can get on that level is Rank B, yet I saw the Iron Gate 3 video, he died, and got an A!  I'm confused.  Help?  Anyone???

Chao,

theenglishman

Offline qubit

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2004, 09:58:24 am »
.....and you didn't add 'other' as an option-why? Anyways, the easiest 'A' rank is 100% Iron Gate 1. For Shadow+Sonic it is City Escape 2, and for Rouge+Knuckles it is... I'd say.....Wild Canyon Chao mission.
[snapback]4468[/snapback]

I know this is a late reply, but whatev.  Anyway, any goal mission A is easy, just get a huge amount of points.  For Knux-Rouge, hands-down Dry Lagoon Chao, tails-egg, Iron Gate 2 (Mission Street 2 is so annoying, only 99 rings!!!), sonic-shadow...tie between Green Forest 2 and White Jungle 2 (got them both first try).

Chao,

theenglishman

p.s. I have a picture (it's just an English flag) that I uploaded as my photo.  Why isn't it showing?

p.p.s. How did you get that Beginner kart time????????????? (faints in awe)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 09:59:04 am by theenglishman »

Offline SadisticMystic

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2004, 10:01:54 am »
Death never explicitly precludes an A.  Iron Gate 3 is time-based only, and taking a fall doesn't hurt the clock much if at all.

There are some levels like Prison Lane, where if you die after hitting a checkpoint, you'll have to go Restart or else there aren't enough points between checkpoint and finish to get A, but there are still other cases like Security Hall: you can get two emeralds and die, but even just the third is enough points for an A.

Offline Cybrax

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2004, 12:40:55 pm »
"p.p.s. How did you get that Beginner kart time????????????? (faints in awe)"

First of all you gotta beat the game (*laughs*(jk)) , Im guessing you dont know about the upgraded karts, after you get all A ranks for a certain character you get a better kart for them, im guessing they got the beginner time with shadows upgraded kart.

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2004, 10:14:37 pm »
Yep. Hybrid cars are god in Kart race. Period. Anyway, Crazy Gadget is fairly easy if you have mastered the fundamentals, like homing attacking, Spindash jump, etc. The first time you play it, it is expected to get a D,C, or (if you're lucky, like I was) a B. Later on, though, it becomes a cinch as you learn the gravity switches, and how you can skip going sideways in a certain room. Hard mode, just play through without dieing,  100 rings should be no problem, mission 3, the chao is in the gravity room near the missile activation switch (I think, I haven't played it for about a year), and the time limit is a joke. And btw, all A ranks is incredibly easy after a little practice. If you were like me, you just wanted to complete the missions, regardless of whether you got an A rank or not, and it became easy on the second time through. Now I'm going to finish up all A ranks on Sonic Heroes....I'm only 8 away now :D

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline SuperSonic101

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2004, 04:41:12 pm »
Hidden Base mission 1 is by far the easiest in my opinion. On speedruns I get A's for god's sake.

Offline SuperSonic101

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2004, 05:18:49 pm »
Another thing, I never said it was impossible to get an A rank after dying. I have no clue where you're getting this from, Noah, but I never said it.

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2004, 06:52:04 pm »
Out of what's there, i gotta say Iron Gate, 100 Rings mission. Damn, that was easy, a simple run.
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline qubit

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2004, 04:38:51 pm »
Out of what's there, i gotta say Iron Gate, 100 Rings mission. Damn, that was easy, a simple run.
[snapback]4562[/snapback]

Amen, brother.

Offline ArthurDaSpeedyRunny

Re: The Easiest A Rank in SA2B
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2018, 04:55:46 pm »
By far, the easiest A rank (for me)
is Wild Canyon Mission 3.

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2018, 07:11:15 pm »
Fourteen-year thread necromancy.

This has got to be a record of some kind.

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2018, 07:48:57 am »
Might as well take advantage of the necromancy. City Escape and Metal Harbor 100 rings were pretty easy for me. I'd have to say City Escape because Metal Harbor requires the Light Speed Dash shoes (which you get in the stage) to get eings early on. Not having the treasure scope for Dry Lagoon Mission 5, I had to get it which isn't hard, but requires going to a totally different stage. I'd have to say that Wild Canyon Mission 1 was really easy for Knuckles/Rouge. This was because the layout was pretty obvious and getting emeralds fast without monitors was easy. For everybody, a lot of the timed missions on earlier stages were easy.
Anyways, I included having to get power-ups for my list. Without power-ups included, I'd say Metal Harbor 100 rings and Wild Canyon Mission 1. With getting power-ups included, I'd say City Escape 100 rings and Wild Canyon Mission 1.
Also, I don't remember doing Tails/Eggman much when I last played this game, so I don't know for them.
GameCube. That is all I need to say.

Print

Hits: 573 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.20 MB | Time: 0.16s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.