don't click here

If you play Magic, you'd like this.

Print

Author Topic: If you play Magic, you'd like this.  (Read 3346 times)

Offline SadisticMystic

« on: October 03, 2004, 02:56:21 am »
http://gccg.sourceforge.net

It's a free online simulator that works a lot like the official Magic Online except for a few things:
-it's free to install
-you can use cards older than Invasion
-you can buy those older cards at the prices they were sold in-print for (think $8 for Beta starters)
-it's free to collect cards; you only use play money
-even though you get to buy and collect cards, you're allowed to use cards you don't own in your deck (they just get counted as proxies)
-the game knows some things about the cards, such as what's a land and what's an instant (so that when you play cards it knows where they go), but unlike MODO, not everything you do is automatic (so you have to do things like attacks/blocks/targets manually, but this is something Apprentice/MWS users are already used to having to do)
-you get money just for playing each game, even if you lose (of course the winner does get 4 times as much as the loser, but it adds up)
-oh yeah, it's totally free and will never cost you any money

Basically get it if you have any interest in playing M:TG, because it pwns you and it certainly pwns the other online mechanisms.

I did write a detailed manual on getting started to the game, but I don't feel like typing it all out again, so clicky

Leave your comments here; my GCCG username is "mr_pwnage" if you ever spot me online there.

Until next time, may you drive the price of Lotus Petal up 5400% in two minutes.  Just like I did.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 02:57:09 am by SadisticMystic »

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 11:04:43 am »
Sounds good. I'll get it tomorrow morning, since then I'll understand what everything means. It's 1am, I'm a little disoriented =P

<3 Thorn.

Print

Hits: 602 | Hits This Month: 6 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 986.31 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.