don't click here

A bit of stats entertainment

Print

Author Topic: A bit of stats entertainment  (Read 5569 times)

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« on: November 24, 2004, 05:08:17 am »
I went through the Sonic 1/2/3/Knuckles rankings just then and noticed something quite interesting.

In particular I was looking for any users with a quadrella of total times - for Sonic 1, 25 minutes, 50 for Sonic 2, 75 for Sonic 3 (not counting Time Attack, obviously), and 100 for S&K.

Practically everyone who has a total time listed falls under these guidelines, suggesting my expectations might have been a bit low. (Notably, though, the only two players to actually fit all four criteria are myself and SM.)

This has led me to look at a much tougher assignment - a quadrella of 20/40/60/80. As of now it hasn't been done, but I'm close - 81:30 on S&K and 61:57 on S3.

Which brings me to another question to ask the lot of you, but in particular one Mr. Ward - how fast could all these totals go with savestates? (38 minutes for S3&K with Sonic suggests a total of under 2 hours for the three characters - probably closer to 1:40. I wonder then, if 15/30/45/60 could be done...)

And if you're wondering why I bothered... what are YOU doing to keep the forum alive? :(

<3 Thorn.

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 09:11:06 am »
I said hi to the new users :/

that's about it :(

I too had a dream similar to yours mikey! I was hoping to get under 60 mins total for sonic advance. Yet, that dream was crushed when monster rolken smashed it to pieces by adding X-zone and moon zone :(

well...good luck!

Print

Hits: 503 | Hits This Month: 6 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 985.50 KB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.