don't click here

Hello, or Similair Generic Greeting!

Print

Author Topic: Hello, or Similair Generic Greeting!  (Read 3000 times)

« on: October 03, 2005, 06:58:50 pm »
I just found out about Sonic Center while at the library. My windows computer (a crap compaq with 98 on it, only computer my parents will agree to hook up to the internet) finally broke after the hard drive sustained physical damage, and could no longer load the GUI. Possessing a Fedora Core (kernel 2.4.xxx) model in my room, I brought it down to establish an internet connection. However, the PCI card allready in the computer from its previous owner crapped out. I then retrieved the PCI card from my Compaq, only to find that Fedora's hardware detector could not detect in any of my 3 bus port expansions. Also, being that I have such an old kernel, it does not have USB support, and I'll be damned if I'm going into the gooey to alter it...last time, I nearly destroyed half of my root directory in an attempt to alter the boot image...

So I took the lazy man's way out, and am downloading  <url="ubuntulinux.org target="_blank">Ubuntu</url> to gain that very same support Fedora lacks, something I should have done ages ago. Oddly enough, this library has disabled downloads to cd's...and yet, they allow floppy disk downloads.

Well, after commencing download, I noticed somebody had gamefaqs up. I can't stand gamefaqs, or at least the low-high mid tier of their "intellegent" users, so I was watching him sift through posts on the Sonic Adventure 2 Battle board out of boredom/curiosity. I noticed some absurd times, such as a run of Cannon's Core below 10 seconds (blasphemy I tell you!), and saw this url attached to one of the posts. I was genuinely interested, so I typed it in, and registered twice. The first time I registered, I added in one character or another that was different from this username, so I registered again. This time, I logged in "right done proper", and am posting this message after scanning through the members list to see who the active members are.

Also, while I'm on the topic of introductions, is there anything I should know before I eventually immerse myself into Sonic Center (and I say eventually because I may be library hopping for a while)? I've been caught off-guard and exiled from several web sites for obliviously posting certain links, mainly to Maddox (hilarious writer/sattirist). So again, anything to watch out for to avoid the banny sticks?

Erroneous note:Ubuntu download at 51% with only 39 minutes left....

I'm rambling, I'll stop right now. And
Helping all my retarded friends use their computers for over seventay* years!
*exact differential between 70 and my current age is greater than 0

Offline SprintGod

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 08:16:23 pm »
Heh... well there are pretty much three ways to get banned:

1. Lie
2. Be a complete and utter  moron
3. Give SadisticMystic a funny look

Basically, as long as you remain honest, somewhat coherent, and don't call anyone a completely insane self destructive weirdo *cough* you'll be fine :D

Now to wait for RPG to start setting fire to things because he didn't reply first.
If you don't want people to treat you like you're stupid, then your best defence is to not be stupid.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 03:40:14 am »
Hey dude welcome to the site =)

Now to wait for RPG to start setting fire to things because he didn't reply first.
[snapback]6515[/snapback]

That only happens when my Generic Greeting Message ™ is stolen :o
Did you not think I had a mind?

Print

Hits: 143 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1005.12 KB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.