don't click here

I'm one of a very small group

Print

Author Topic: I'm one of a very small group  (Read 4752 times)

« on: September 24, 2005, 02:59:23 pm »
I'd tell you that i'm new, but I guess that's pretty obvious.  I signed up to submit a few records for Sonic R, mostly to break the monotony of the current high score table.  I'm not the best racer in the world, but I've always liked the tag mode.  Anyway, I was looking for a list of records for Sonic R, to see how my times matched up, and noticed that a few of the records looked a little high.  I guess that's why I'm here.

I'm not the type of gamer to do hardcore speed runs, and I don't play particularly well, but I have the patience to try a short level a few dozen times until I get it right.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 05:26:06 pm »
I love Sonic R, but I'm not much good at it D:

I play on Saturn, but I have the PC version too so I might try that and see if that makes any difference for some reason :O
Did you not think I had a mind?

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 06:07:36 pm »
I play on Saturn, but I have the PC version too so I might try that and see if that makes any difference for some reason :O
I'm using the PC one, just because it's easier for me to use a keyboard than a controller.  It hurts my thumb holding down the acceleration button on the controller, and the little bit of extra precision (pressing the stick halfway) doesn't really make up for that in my mind.

It doesn't seem to hurt my tag times, at least.  :)

Offline sonicam

• TSC's Most Easily Irritated Member
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 11:08:16 pm »
I've still yet to play Sonic R. I still want to get Sonic Gems, but I've yet to... D:
Chaos Emeralds: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue and Purple.
Keys: Light Blue.

Click here to level up my card!

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 01:17:03 am »
You know, a lot of people say they don't expect to be that good in competition. Heck, I was one of those. I looked at some of the stuff in Advance 2, and thought to myself "Wow, that's impossible! I'm never going to beat that D:". This was last December/January. Now I'm ranked 10th in the game, have 5 records, and am highly ranked in several zones. It's all about time, patience, and dedication.

Oh yeah, and welcome to TSC. =P
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Antronach

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 04:53:38 pm »
I like Sonic R because it's very different. If they olny added more stages it would be more challenging. I just started playing it on the Gamecube on Sonic Gems Collection. And now I'm going to try to get a best record. XD
Quote from: Emma Lover
Solution? Live with it.

Print

Hits: 156 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.01 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.