don't click here

We're back, but submissions are disabled temporarily

Print

Author Topic: We're back, but submissions are disabled temporarily  (Read 26562 times)

Offline GerbilSoft

• Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
We're back, but submissions are disabled temporarily
« on: April 27, 2020, 02:31:00 pm »
We had a somewhat extended server outage (around a month or so). We weren't able to get the server back up until last week due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

The TSC site has now been moved to my new VPS. Besides improved performance, the new VPS also supports TLS 1.2 and HTTP/2.0. I'll be adding automatic https redirection momentarily, but for now, make sure you use https://www.soniccenter.org/ instead of http.

NOTE: Since we now have https, I highly recommend changing your login password.

Stat submissions and new user registrations are temporarily disabled due to some issues on the new server that I need to fix.

Offline Pokemonmaster888

Re: We're back, but submissions are disabled temporarily
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 03:18:13 pm »
That's great that The Sonic Center is back online with improved technologies and server. Can't wait to submit some more records. It definitely is a significant loss to parts of the Sonic community when TSC is offline. Hopefully some more advancements to the website can come in the future.

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 10:27:14 pm »
Glad to see the site's back online, I've missed this place. Can't wait for submissions to go live again, hopefully I'll have grinded out WR on Sunset Hill 2 by then, cuz I'm so goddamn close, and I'm itching to update my stats.

EDIT: can't wait for submissions to go back up. I've really missed this place.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 12:24:39 am by hfactor66 »
Rings are my specialty.

Offline TheRealShadnic

• TheRealShadnic
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Hi! I am HC Sonic-fan, finally competing here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 11:20:06 am »
Finally, awesome :) I've been waiting to see stats to rank myself against them!
FIRST ONE TO GET PLATINUM IN SONIC GENERATIONS!!!!

Offline DGF

• WildCard Speedster
  • TSC: DarkGravityFlames
  • win10 chrome
  • Code S.O.L, Azure Grimrore ACTIVATE!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 09:32:33 pm »
Glad to See that the site is back up and running again! take all the time you need to!
My Youtube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9TztQrHz0nwzfSZZFoYOVA
PSN = ChaosKnight_56
Steam: TerumiTrueAzure

Championship(s) Held: Sonic Generations
Current Records: Overdrift Challenge , Terror from the Deep, Death egg robot (Hard), Vector's Mission

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 08:19:11 am »
Reaction to disabled submissions from someone who hasn't submitted in years: https://ogn.theonion.com/speedrunner-accidentally-enjoys-game-for-a-moment-1843390557
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 02:00:21 pm »
I like how his face is still plain. No smiling, no actual indication of enjoyment besides the title.

But the dude definitely needs some eye drops.

Offline TheRealShadnic

• TheRealShadnic
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Hi! I am HC Sonic-fan, finally competing here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 05:53:06 am »
Hey,

Is there any update on when we could start submitting again? :)
FIRST ONE TO GET PLATINUM IN SONIC GENERATIONS!!!!

Offline Etch

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2020, 11:24:52 am »
I hate this virus bros, not complaining about staying at home and playing more video games though!

Offline zewing

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2020, 08:01:09 pm »
Any update on this?

Offline jw13

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2020, 05:38:51 am »
Really hoping we get an update on this soon, I've been highly anticipating the return of the submission function for quite a while now.

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2020, 04:33:28 am »
Really hoping we get an update on this soon, I've been highly anticipating the return of the submission function for quite a while now.

You and me both, man. Speedrun.com is adding IL charts for more & more Sonic games cuz of how long submissions have been down.
Rings are my specialty.

Offline jw13

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2020, 10:29:41 am »

You and me both, man. Speedrun.com is adding IL charts for more & more Sonic games cuz of how long submissions have been down.

As an SA2B runner I've been set for that for ages now, but SRC doesn't offer half the stats and leaderboard types that TSC does. I understand that the persistent issues might be difficult to fix, and that the admins might be short on time, but if that's the case they should really look into seeking help from the abundance of people that would be willing to provide it. That's just my 2 cents, though.

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2020, 04:10:49 pm »
As an SA2B runner I've been set for that for ages now, but SRC doesn't offer half the stats and leaderboard types that TSC does. I understand that the persistent issues might be difficult to fix, and that the admins might be short on time, but if that's the case they should really look into seeking help from the abundance of people that would be willing to provide it. That's just my 2 cents, though.

That's a sentiment I can agree with, the sheer amount of different kinds of competition offered here on TSC is what drew me into the site when I signed up in 2014. I signed up to pursue ring records on Sonic Rush initially, and branched out to other games over time. It meant that even if I wasn't great at speedrunning the game, it didn't mean that I couldn't compete on it. TSC showed me there were other kinds of competition I could look into and even specialize in, which is exactly what I did. Sites like Speedrun.com just don't offer that, and sites like CyberScore that CAN offer those same charts usually don't have the same level of competition that TSC does.

Like, it's boring when you hold all the records in a category that no one ever really competed in over there, whereas here, I spent years chasing ONE time trial record on SAdv3, and when I finally did beat it, it was by 0.01 seconds. Never in my life was I so pumped to beat a record by so little.
Rings are my specialty.

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2020, 02:17:33 pm »

Offline Vicklaw

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2020, 05:54:57 pm »
The website still stays without submissions from a very long while now. Is there any progress done towards fixing the problem ? What is the situation right now ?

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2020, 11:02:11 pm »
https://drive.google.com/file/d/135SA6j5-LxyUM5qUPuzftLTX7oKDv3na/view?usp=sharing

Got this from a fellow competitor on Sonic Amino earlier this week, you didn't hear it from me.
Rings are my specialty.

Offline Vicklaw

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2020, 09:22:46 am »
I wasn't aware of it or of anything else. It is nice to see the activity still continues

Print

Hits: 590 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.18 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.