don't click here

Shadow the Hedgehog version differences

Print

Author Topic: Shadow the Hedgehog version differences  (Read 3492 times)

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
Shadow the Hedgehog version differences
« on: August 16, 2008, 05:21:00 pm »
Found some interesting things regarding this game (based on a video I found).
1. In the PS2 version, the targeting system does not function if Shadow is moving. This does not occur in the game cube version
2. There is a random but fatal glitch (as in go out of control) in which Shadow will suddenly burst ahead after a melee combo in the PS2 version. This does not occur in the GC version.
3. The PS2 version suffers from nasty frame rate issues.
4. Homing attack is more likely to cause death in PS2 version.

How is this significant? Difference 1 is very important on a competitive level in missions with lots of combat. I'd put the estimmate at a minimum of 15 second advantage for the GC version (due to constantly stopping in order to hit anything. Guess what version most likely got used as the basis of review scores? Might also explain why Nintendo Power (and myself) liked it so much compared to many others.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Crowbar

Re: Shadow the Hedgehog version differences
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 05:30:04 pm »
Well, I can't vouch for the PS2 version, but I did play the GC version all the way through. Basically it was stupid, poorly made, shallow, etc. etc. but not COMPLETELY unenjoyable.

Still not a game I could really understand any sane person "liking" but to each their own.

Print

Hits: 95 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 983.14 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.